Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Problems with updated website

Is anyone having problems with the updated website.

Here's an example of an issue that I am having: (when I click on any of the things in the circled area, nothing happens.)

I am using Firefox for Win 10 on desktop. (Same problem exists when using my Chrome browser and on also on my ipad.)
When I go to one of my posts and try to edit it, I have the same issue.
However, on my Drafts page, the "three dots" symbol does respond with a pop up.

Comments

  • Options
    pcgscacgoldpcgscacgold Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭✭✭

    The edit feature is not working. Makes BST a problem as you can't update a post to note items that sold.

  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 34,178 ✭✭✭✭✭

    A few minutes ago I signed on and there was a sports card thread and a boxing photo thread here on U.S. Coins, and when I refreshed the forum those were gone. So, there are people working on the glitches.

    Professional Numismatist, Retired. 55 year member ANA. Former ANA Senior Authenticator. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and ANA Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner of the PNG's 2026 Robert Friedberg Award for "The Enigmatic Lincoln Cents of 1922," Available now from Whitman or Amazon.
  • Options
    calgolddivercalgolddiver Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

    how do you get to the set registry site? no links at top navigation?
    @PCGS_Moderator

    Top 15 Type Set 1792 to present

    Top 10 Cal Fractional Type Set

    successful BST with Ankurj, BigAl, Bullsitter, CommemKing, DCW(7), DesertMoon, Downtown1974, Elmerfusterpuck, Joelewis, Mach1ne, Minuteman810430, Modcrewman, Nankraut, Nederveit2, Philographer(5), Proofcollection, Realgator, Silverpop, SurfinxHI, TomB and Yorkshireman(3)

  • Options
    lermishlermish Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @calgolddiver said:
    how do you get to the set registry site? no links at top navigation?
    @PCGS_Moderator

    Go to pcgs.com and click Set Registry.

    chopmarkedtradedollars.com

  • Options
    RedRocketRedRocket Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭✭✭

    There may (or may not) be a few kinks. Most of the issues being described are due to user error. Otherwise, give the PCGS IT guys a break to get a couple of possible issues corrected.

  • Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,924 ✭✭✭✭✭

    The block function isn't working, and the number of slots should be increased.
    Also, the edit post feature does not work.

  • Options
    coastaljerseyguycoastaljerseyguy Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @lermish said:

    @calgolddiver said:
    how do you get to the set registry site? no links at top navigation?
    @PCGS_Moderator

    Go to pcgs.com and click Set Registry.

    So they separated the Collectors Forums from the PCGS Pricing, POP Reports, Grading, etc without a top toolbar togle link?

  • Options
    MaywoodMaywood Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭✭✭

    YEAH, I HAVE A PROBLEM.

    TYPICALLY WHEN A SITE LAUNCHES SOMETHING COMPLETELY NEW IT IS TESTED FIRST AND THEN THERE IS SOME KIND OF ANNOUNCEMT/HEADS-UP/WARNING ISSUED TO ALERT USERS. SUCH IS NOT THE CASE HERE AND IT'S A BIT DISSAPPOINTING, ALMOST AS IF THE SITE MANAGERS JUST DON'T CARE WHAT THE ACTUAL USERS THINK. pcgs ALSO DOESN'T SEEM TO CARE IF THERE ARE "BUGS" IN THIS NEW WHATEVER IT'S CALLED.

    iT'S PRETTY APPARENT THAT TO MOST MEMBERS IT DOESN'T SEEM TO BE AN "UPGRADE" OF ANY KIND, IF ANYTHING IT'S A REGRESSION FROM WHERE WE HAD BEEN. ON THE BRIGHT SIDE FOR ANYONE WHO CARES AND DIDN'T NOTICE --- YOUR POST COUNT IS NOW BACK BY YOUR ICON.

    YAHOO!!

    Sorry I shouted.

    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety," --- Benjamin Franklin

  • Options
    coastaljerseyguycoastaljerseyguy Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I'd give them some slack, they're a TPG of numismatic items and not an IT company, or selling goods and services via the Forums site that might effect their business revenue. It'll get better.

  • Options
    BikergeekBikergeek Posts: 706 ✭✭✭✭✭

    For a long time, I've had a browser bookmark that queries the last 2 weeks of posts for the term "half dime". In the URL, it included these parameters: "&within=2 weeks&date=today" (among others). It worked.

    New redesign: the relative timing is gone (e.g., "2 weeks from today"). A search for half dime yields a result set with 9,600 items in it. Its default sort is for "best match," not "newest," but I was able to select "newest" as the sort and save that as a bookmark. That's good because the "best match" was the 2019 announcement about Mr. Half Dime's (Steve Crain's) passing, which is not a happy place to start every browsing session for me.

    For me to pick a specific recent time frame, I have to choose dates and press the Filter button - instead of bookmarking the relative "last two weeks" above. Not a huge deal.

    Net net - this is not a "glitch" as some have found - it's a design decision that, for me, makes the site just a little bit worse than it was before. But it's still entirely livable.

    I was tempted to call it an example of this process with a naughty name but at least nobody's charging me to be here and I am truly, non-sarcastically, grateful for the community.

    My hobby website Groovycoins.com, new and improved!

  • Options
    gonzergonzer Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Where did the 'back to the top' arrow go?

  • Options
    RedRocketRedRocket Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Maywood said:
    YEAH, I HAVE A PROBLEM.

    YAHOO!!

    Sorry I shouted.

    First, no, you're not. If so, you could have edited your shouting. Why the dishonesty?
    Lastly, the same complainers who didn't like us moving off the gold standard and onto a fiat base are the same ones complaining about the necessary, much-improved changes Vanilla IT has made to the boards.
    The same complainers who didn't like going from silver to clad in 1965.

  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 40,091 ✭✭✭✭✭

    going to the us coin forum's page count list at the top shows
    «1234567…6571»

    going to the last pages shows "no result" instead of old threads

    a lot of history and education was lost

    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 47,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @RedRocket said:

    @Maywood said:
    YEAH, I HAVE A PROBLEM.

    YAHOO!!

    Sorry I shouted.

    First, no, you're not. If so, you could have edited your shouting. Why the dishonesty?
    Lastly, the same complainers who didn't like us moving off the gold standard and onto a fiat base are the same ones complaining about the necessary, much-improved changes Vanilla IT has made to the boards.
    The same complainers who didn't like going from silver to clad in 1965.

    You can't edit any posts. Try clicking the little gear and nothing happens.

    Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 40,091 ✭✭✭✭✭

    there needs to be a "NEW" tag next to new, unread threads

    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 34,178 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Has anybody tried a search for anything to see if the old search function was replaced with something that worked?

    Professional Numismatist, Retired. 55 year member ANA. Former ANA Senior Authenticator. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and ANA Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner of the PNG's 2026 Robert Friedberg Award for "The Enigmatic Lincoln Cents of 1922," Available now from Whitman or Amazon.
  • Options
    RedRocketRedRocket Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @PerryHall said:

    @RedRocket said:

    @Maywood said:

    You can't edit any posts. Try clicking the little gear and nothing happens.

    That is not accurate.
    Please edit your post to reflect your error.

  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 47,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @RedRocket said:

    @PerryHall said:

    @RedRocket said:

    @Maywood said:

    You can't edit any posts. Try clicking the little gear and nothing happens.

    That is not accurate.
    Please edit your post to reflect your error.

    I just clicked on the little gear in the upper corner of my post and nothing happed.

    Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 7,568 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @BuffaloIronTail said:

    @CaptHenway said:
    A few minutes ago I signed on and there was a sports card thread and a boxing photo thread here on U.S. Coins, and when I refreshed the forum those were gone. So, there are people working on the glitches.

    I don't know why they changed things.

    To me, this new look is less functional, and for some reason harder on the eyes.

    Pete

    Agree 100%!

    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    thebeavthebeav Posts: 4,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

    It'''';s almost a trick to separate the users post with their signature line. Especially if the signature line is a long or complex one.

  • Options
    RedRocketRedRocket Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @PerryHall said:

    @RedRocket said:

    @PerryHall said:

    @RedRocket said:

    @Maywood said:

    You can't edit any posts. Try clicking the little gear and nothing happens.

    That is not accurate.
    Please edit your post to reflect your error.

    I just clicked on the little gear in the upper corner of my post and nothing happened.

    Not true.
    I smiled.

  • Options
    Alpha2814Alpha2814 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭

    I have a new favorite thing. "Plural" doesn't even make sense here.

  • Options
    skier07skier07 Posts: 4,836 ✭✭✭✭✭

    My father when I was growing up said Son “if you don’t have anything nice to say keep your big mouth shut”.

  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 40,091 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 40,091 ✭✭✭✭✭

    when attaching a file, does the file actually get attached now?

    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 40,091 ✭✭✭✭✭

    no whitespace between the numbers and the forum name is a coding 001 mistake

    and what's up wit the stacked 73k... which, from the looks of it, might be a pain to fix. just make sure there's oom for 999K and it should be good to go

    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭✭✭

    The signatures are ruining it for me. I can't seem to distinguish reliably where the post ends and the signature begins. This used to be really obvious and I could just skip over them. Now I am Ron Burgendy.

  • Options

    @ProofCollection said:
    The signatures are ruining it for me. I can't seem to distinguish reliably where the post ends and the signature begins. This used to be really obvious and I could just skip over them. Now I am Ron Burgendy.

    You can go to your "account & settings and hide the signature lines using "Signature Settings" . I saw this in a different thread and it made posts a lot easier to read. They were giving me a headache, looking at all that text and white.

  • Options
    slider23slider23 Posts: 685 ✭✭✭✭

    This upgrade leaves a lot to be desired. If it is not broke, do not fix it. The following needs to be corrected:

    1) Put the links back at the top of page like PCGS, Collector's Corner, etc.
    2) The collectors Universe ICON and Categories do the same thing when click on.
    3) The circle with three dots does not work.
    4) Your Help link says: There are no knowledge bases!

  • Options
    TrampTramp Posts: 992 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I wonder if the old software version was no longer supported by the developer thus forced to implement the newest version. Happens all the time e.g. MS Teams, Sharepoint, etc.

  • Options
    AcarrollAcarroll Posts: 245 ✭✭✭✭

    The new look makes my eyeballs hurt a little

  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 34,131 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Acarroll said:
    The new look makes my eyeballs hurt a little

    It mess' with mine to

  • Options

    @CaptHenway said:
    Has anybody tried a search for anything to see if the old search function was replaced with something that worked?

    Quite a change for the Search page. Especially loving the Sort by Newest and the Title search filter. Now I don't have to use an external search engine anymore!

    NOTE: There are lots of new features and I'm still finding new ones. For example, I just found out that the Filter Results Drop Down Boxes change depending on the Category you choose (All, Post, Articles, Places, Members).

    A few examples:

  • Options
    MaywoodMaywood Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Love it when people tell me what I’m thinking. Guess what that is right now??

    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety," --- Benjamin Franklin

  • Options
    coastaljerseyguycoastaljerseyguy Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Probably designed by AI. I've heard from folks that designing websites with AI agents is big business. You tell it what you want, define boundaries, and it creates your site. If you forget to add all the small details, AI has no clue what is needed, or what should be done for improvement. AI will never be a true user to note something is not working right. I guess if you say I want the comments readable on an iphone, but the font not as large on a desktop PC, it delivers what you ask.
    Precision with AI requests will determine our future.

  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 34,178 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Just tried to do a few searches and they all failed.

    Professional Numismatist, Retired. 55 year member ANA. Former ANA Senior Authenticator. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and ANA Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner of the PNG's 2026 Robert Friedberg Award for "The Enigmatic Lincoln Cents of 1922," Available now from Whitman or Amazon.
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 34,178 ✭✭✭✭✭

    My notifications feature has various "Headline Mention" listings without telling me what thread that is about.

    Professional Numismatist, Retired. 55 year member ANA. Former ANA Senior Authenticator. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and ANA Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner of the PNG's 2026 Robert Friedberg Award for "The Enigmatic Lincoln Cents of 1922," Available now from Whitman or Amazon.
  • Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @CaptHenway said:
    My notifications feature has various "Headline Mention" listings without telling me what thread that is about.

    Yeah, that's wonderful. It's like they just deploy new software without testing it first. Or they did test it and said it's OK. Either way it's completely unprofessional.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file