Home› World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Real? Fake? ID? Roman

ajaanajaan Posts: 18,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 23, 2026 1:13PM in World & Ancient Coins Forum



DPOTD-3
'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428


Don

Comments

  • Options
    SimonWSimonW Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I believe it’s Gordian III. I can’t attest to the authenticity, but I don’t see why it would be fake, looks ok.

    I'm BACK!!! Used to be Billet7 on the old forum.

  • Options
    SapyxSapyx Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭✭✭

    It is, unfortunately, a replica of a Gordian III antoninianus. There is an exact match for it in the FORVM fakes database (unfortunately, you need a login to see it): https://www.forumancientcoins.com/fakes/displayimage.php?pid=16073

    Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.
    Roman emperor Marcus Aurelius, "Meditations"

    Apparently I have been awarded the DPOTD twice. B)
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 18,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Thanks.


    DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

    CU #3245 B.N.A. #428


    Don
Sign In or Register to comment.