Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Submission Question

keojkeoj Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭✭

Rather wait in the PCGS phone queue, I thought I would post this here and take advantage of the vast submission knowledge on the Forum (it's better than AI).

I have a 1877 Trade Dollar in a NGC error holder. The error is questionable (either it's a struck through or a weak strike).

I would like the coin to go into a PCGS holder.

I would like PCGS to cross it as an error if PCGS deems it appropriate. If it doesn't I'm okay with simply crossing it it into a non-error holder.

Question: Is this possible to do in one submission or will it take two submissions (the first to cross it as an error, the second, if necessary, to cross it as a non-error coin)?

I suspect that it is two pass submission, which is just more $$$.

Thanks, Keoj

Comments

  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 40,091 ✭✭✭✭✭

    when you submit as an error it will come back with a grade or detail. even if they say it is not an erro it will come back with a grade or details

    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,686 ✭✭✭✭✭

    You can do this with one submission. Submit it as an error crossover. Make sure to note that you do not care if it comes back as an error or not. Also, make sure to note the minimum acceptable grade to you. For example, if the NGC graded coin is MS63, you need to specify that you want that as a minimum, or maybe a 62 is acceptable to you, or if you are completely open, cross at any grade (details or otherwise).

  • Options
    keojkeoj Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭✭

    Thank you for the suggestions!!! Thank you. Keoj

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file