Options
Anyone Hear of NumisDex?
Someone brought this to my attention today. The supposed be-all and end-all of coin information websites, sloppily cobbled together by AI bots stealing curating as much proprietary information as they could from assorted sites, including CoinFacts, VarietyVista, VAMWorld, NGC VarietyPlus, Wexler's Doubled Dies, probably others, and then trying to charge people monthly fees for premium access. https://www.numisdex.community/
John
Keeper of the VAM Catalog • Professional Coin Imaging • Prime Number Set • World Coins in Early America • British Trade Dollars • Variety Attribution
Keeper of the VAM Catalog • Professional Coin Imaging • Prime Number Set • World Coins in Early America • British Trade Dollars • Variety Attribution
1
Comments
seems unused for the most part. splash pics look good, but wonder if they have rights.
the name -Dex seems more suited to our older generations, which narrows name appeal.
Numis Dex is a decent guy. He is easily misunderstood though.
I can pretty much guarantee they didn't secure rights for any of the images they harvested for their site. The VAMWorld license is a Creative Commons non-commercial sharable with attribution license and the site admin (me) wasn't contacted. I can deduce that neither was James Wiles, who plainly has a copyright notice on his site. Our host's license is less generous.
Keeper of the VAM Catalog • Professional Coin Imaging • Prime Number Set • World Coins in Early America • British Trade Dollars • Variety Attribution
and technically even a copyright notice isn't required. rights come with creation of the work. it is up to the entity using the work to prove they are not in violation.
Send them a cease and desist letter citing the copyright act. If they persist, you can sue for damages and to block them from infringing on your intellectual property.
Not from where I sit.
Keeper of the VAM Catalog • Professional Coin Imaging • Prime Number Set • World Coins in Early America • British Trade Dollars • Variety Attribution
he'd be easier to read if he'd stop going in circles
The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
Coins in Movies
Coins on Television
I'm gonna start calling myself NUMIS PETE.
Um no. I better not.
Pete
I personally never heard of DumisDex?