Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Jefferson nickels: What am I seeing here?

leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was looking over a few coins and noticed this partial outline of the 51 on a Jefferson nickel. What can you make of it? The coin does have a VEDS strike about it.

Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

Comments

  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 43,117 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Solvent front?

    Just toning/ discoloration

    All comments reflect the opinion of the author, even when irrefutably accurate.

  • Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,836 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Guessing there was some sort of moisture on the surface and that is a halo from after it evaporated.

    Sean Reynolds

    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

    "Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file