Options
$19,200 for 300 1991 Fleer Pro-Visions sets. What.
Huggins and Scott’s auction ended last night. Among some nice lots was a hoard of 300 1991 Fleer Pro-Visions sets. This was a 12 card junk wax insert set and someone paid $19,200 (or $64 per set) for the lot. Am I missing something? eBay has sets for around $30 and singles go for a few bucks. Even graded they don’t go for anything extraordinary. I could see 10s bringing some money as they’re black boardered…but you’d need a LOT of 10s.
1
Comments
Bo Jackson is the biggie. But Mcgwire, Mattingly and Clemens are also in the set. The Bo psa 10 just Sold for $4,500. 9's around $225 and going up. Insert cards for baseball and football slowly getting noticed.
The anticipated interest in 90s stuff has finally materialized. As everything that precedes the time period goes into the pricing stratosphere, the next decade up will prosper. It amuses me somewhat to remember being a card dealer in a store back then and having a few private laughs over people busting wax and getting all excited about the inserts. Who's laughing now?
Barry Sanders, Emmitt, Jerry, Dan, joe and John next up?
Just takes one to light the fuse.
Let's haul out the junk wax and sets. I'm in!!! 🤩
Yes. I have been slowly picking some stuff up over the years, but may have to start picking up more.
I spent the last couple weeks sorting my junk wax cards ('89 thru '96). Like many collectors, they spent the last couple decades stored away in the basement. Many cards were stuck together. Peeled them apart, sorted out the better players, and put back in box for more storage.
Gem mint 10 from this era are gonna be few and far between especially the glossy brands