Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I need to RE-HOLDER a PCGS graded coin........

TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,109 ✭✭✭
edited September 9, 2026 10:36PM in U.S. Coin Forum

I have 1884-CC Morgan in PCGS MS64DMPL where the holder in badly damaged. I can PLEASE PIGGY-BACK on a persons upcoming submission, PLEASE? Thanks! TC71

image

Comments

  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 47,781 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Do you or a trusted friend attend a coin show where PCGS is in attendance and doing on-site grading? Perhaps they can re-holder your coin there and save you the cost of round-trip insured shipping. Just a thought.

    Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

  • Options
    MaywoodMaywood Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Just send it in.

    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety," --- Benjamin Franklin

  • Options
    P0CKETCHANGEP0CKETCHANGE Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Check your local authorized PCGS dealers. They can submit it for you.

  • Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 5,518 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @PerryHall said:
    Do you or a trusted friend attend a coin show where PCGS is in attendance and doing on-site grading? Perhaps they can re-holder your coin there and save you the cost of round-trip insured shipping. Just a thought.

    I have not been to a show so I know very little about the on site offerings. My impression was that anything that was walk-in on-site related had a pretty steep service price to it. I would be interested to know a rough guestimation of the all-in price to have a reholder via the normal mailing it in vs. walking it in.

  • Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Batman23 said:

    @PerryHall said:
    Do you or a trusted friend attend a coin show where PCGS is in attendance and doing on-site grading? Perhaps they can re-holder your coin there and save you the cost of round-trip insured shipping. Just a thought.

    I have not been to a show so I know very little about the on site offerings. My impression was that anything that was walk-in on-site related had a pretty steep service price to it. I would be interested to know a rough guestimation of the all-in price to have a reholder via the normal mailing it in vs. walking it in.

    Source: https://www.pcgs.com/services


  • Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,109 ✭✭✭

    THANKS Y'ALL! I will check out local PCGS dealer!

    TC71

    image
  • Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 17,894 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Next question....how did the holder get damaged. 🧐

    In other words, If there is a chance of more damage down the road, you might consider a Zircon case to protect the slab. ;)

  • Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,109 ✭✭✭

    I have had coin for 20+ years, excessive scratches on it

    image
  • Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 17,894 ✭✭✭✭✭

    No one is going to scratch my trophy. :p

  • Options
    Morgan13Morgan13 Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @TorinoCobra71 just curious, would you mind telling us what the coin is?
    I can understand if you prefer not to.

    Student of numismatics and collector of Morgan dollars
    Successful BST transactions with: Namvet Justindan Mattniss RWW olah_in_MA
    Dantheman984 Toyz4geo SurfinxHI greencopper RWW bigjpst bretsan MWallace logger7 JWP BruceS bigjpst
    JWP PROMETHIUS88

  • Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,109 ✭✭✭

    @Morgan13 said:
    @TorinoCobra71 just curious, would you mind telling us what the coin is?
    I can understand if you prefer not to.

    I have 1884-CC Morgan in PCGS MS64DMPL

    Its in the 1st post......

    image
  • Options
    Morgan13Morgan13 Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @TorinoCobra71 said:

    @Morgan13 said:
    @TorinoCobra71 just curious, would you mind telling us what the coin is?
    I can understand if you prefer not to.

    I have 1884-CC Morgan in PCGS MS64DMPL

    Its in the 1st post......

    I dont blame you for wanting it in a new slab.
    I wouldn't send that coin to just anyone.
    Good Luck

    Student of numismatics and collector of Morgan dollars
    Successful BST transactions with: Namvet Justindan Mattniss RWW olah_in_MA
    Dantheman984 Toyz4geo SurfinxHI greencopper RWW bigjpst bretsan MWallace logger7 JWP BruceS bigjpst
    JWP PROMETHIUS88

  • Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 5,518 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @MetroD said:

    @Batman23 said:

    @PerryHall said:
    Do you or a trusted friend attend a coin show where PCGS is in attendance and doing on-site grading? Perhaps they can re-holder your coin there and save you the cost of round-trip insured shipping. Just a thought.

    I have not been to a show so I know very little about the on site offerings. My impression was that anything that was walk-in on-site related had a pretty steep service price to it. I would be interested to know a rough guestimation of the all-in price to have a reholder via the normal mailing it in vs. walking it in.

    Source: https://www.pcgs.com/services


    Thanks! That is much more reasonable than I had expected.

  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 47,781 ✭✭✭✭✭

    How bad are the scratches? There are dozens of threads here discussing how slabs were restored to like new condition by polishing out the scratches.

    Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

  • Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @JBK said:
    No one is going to scratch my trophy. :p

    That is a neat error coin.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file