Home› Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

eBay authenticity guarantee items...has anyone combined shipments to PSA?

From what I understand, you are supposed to send items individually to PSA. This seems silly, especially if you have multiple items going to the exact same address (PSA), and especially if a buyer has purchased multiple items.

Has anyone shipped one box to PSA, and in that box have each item individually packaged and labeled properly (name, EVTN#)?

I'm coming over from the coin forum (where this is a new program for coins) and looking for advice from sellers who are more experienced with the program, as this has been around for ~5 years with cards.

For submissions to PSA/PCGS, you can put multiple submission in one package, as long as everything is labeled properly. I don't see why this is not allowed with the eBay authenticity program.

Comments

  • Options
    1982FootballWax1982FootballWax Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Seem reasonable to me, but eBay's singular concern is them making $$$ not you saving.

    It's the singer not the song - Peter Townshend (1972)
    Not even a minute do I buy the whole buh buh buh I'm a man-child japery - Me (2025)

  • Options
    slimbertslimbert Posts: 57 ✭✭✭

    Understood, but they're not mutually exclusive. Happier customers experiencing more convenience leads to more buyers/sellers on the platform, which would then lead to more $$$ for eBay.

    Plus, for authentication orders with more than one card/coin , eBay can mail those items together rather than separate, which would make them more $$$.

  • Options
    DotStoreDotStore Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭

    For cards, I've won multiple items that will go through the Authenticity Guarantee process in the same night from one of the largest consignment sellers on eBay. They always ship the items to PSA separately (no combining). If anyone would want to be able to combine shipments, I think they would have tried since they sell so many cards. They also state in their listings the following (this is from one of their listings)

    _Due to eBay's requirements, we are unable to offer combined shipping for items that require use of the eBay Authenticity Guarantee. This applies to all items with a purchase price or final bid of $250 or greater. _

  • Options
    1982FootballWax1982FootballWax Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Absurd but no surprise

    It's the singer not the song - Peter Townshend (1972)
    Not even a minute do I buy the whole buh buh buh I'm a man-child japery - Me (2025)

  • Options
    bgrbgr Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭✭✭

    think of it like a 3rd party logistics process and it's not absurd. It's also no surprise because it's how things work. There used to be shows about how things work on Discovery Channel but now it's just Shark Week! all the time.

  • Options
    ElMagoStrikeZoneElMagoStrikeZone Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I ❤️ Shark Week!!

Sign In or Register to comment.