Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1922 Peace Dollar . Guess the grade, or not.

TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 45,231 ✭✭✭✭✭



Your chance to win.

Practice makes perfect & nobody is perfect. So, practice being nobody.

Comments

  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 40,138 ✭✭✭✭✭

    63

    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    coastaljerseyguycoastaljerseyguy Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Looks MS63 or even 64 but I'm going to guess 62.

  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 34,262 ✭✭✭✭✭

    ms 61 (if won, donate it to a good cause)

  • Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 14,253 ✭✭✭✭✭

    MS-60

    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 9,289 ✭✭✭✭✭

    63 at best from all the marks I can see on the reverse. That obverse looks weakly struck and straight up fugly to me. :p

  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 45,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

    You guys are too good. I’ve asked the first respondent for his mailing address. He or she was gracious enough to pay it forward. lol.



    Because I have it in hand and cannot believe it myself. Coastaljerseyguy wins if we go by looks, but we are going by guesses , so Meltdown wins.

    Technically it’s Meltdown’s.

    Practice makes perfect & nobody is perfect. So, practice being nobody.

  • Options
    john_nyc1john_nyc1 Posts: 258 ✭✭✭

    I like this coin - its got “personalty”!

    Casual collector: Morgans & Peace Dollars & 20th Century Type Set. Successful BST transactions with ProofCollection, Morgan13, CoinFinder, CoinHunter4, Bretsan.

  • Options
    Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

    No go for me - dark areas. C coin.

    Investor
  • Options
    coastaljerseyguycoastaljerseyguy Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Not a fan of dipping in EZest but wouldn't hesitate to crack that slab and giving it a bath. Believe the obverse will look like the reverse.

  • Options
    Rule556Rule556 Posts: 349 ✭✭✭✭✭

    My guess would have been MS61. The obverse is kind of my least favorite flavor of toning, but I really like the reverse.

    Newbie collector of type and circulated Peace dollars, photographer of places and animals, player of instruments and builder of amplifiers, espresso industry professional, and a person distracted by shiny objects.

    CACG Registry

    MyCollect Registry

  • Options
    alaura22alaura22 Posts: 3,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

    With a dip it might become a MS-64 :o

  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 45,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Obverse is a dull grey over the surface (best way I can describe the look) . It photographs much nicer than it appears. Meltdown will receive it and he can (if he wants) give his assessment, in hand. I won’t miss it.

    Practice makes perfect & nobody is perfect. So, practice being nobody.

  • Options
    skier07skier07 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭✭✭

    UGLY

  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 45,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @skier07 said:
    UGLY …..like the end of a prayer: AMEN.

    Practice makes perfect & nobody is perfect. So, practice being nobody.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file