Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Pictures for the old holder 1909 cent set

tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 5, 2026 9:13PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Comments

  • Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 5, 2026 8:56PM

    Red X on the OGH VDB proof - I just traded that coin and cash to @lusterlover [THANKS!]

    So I have 17 out of the 18 coins and 12 of those are in my preferred 65RB

    Still will be searching for even older holder versions on some of the coins as well as searching for more 65RB to replace the odd grades. There are a couple of rattler 65RB in that VDB proof hoard so I know those are out there which is why I was willing to part with the OGH. Every set needs its white whale!

  • Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Love the proofs!

    My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

    Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    breakdownbreakdown Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Love the green label NGCs. Cool project to keep you connected.

    "Look up, old boy, and see what you get." -William Bonney.

  • Options
    HarlequinHarlequin Posts: 264 ✭✭✭
    edited September 6, 2026 7:33PM

    Such a cool and interesting set. I absolutely love that colorful 09 Proof 😍!!! Would be cool to know the generations of all the holders so I'm gonna have to do some homework on that! Very nice set ........ Keep us updated on any new treasures you find

    🇺🇸 Harlequin
    harlequinnumismatic@gmail.com
    Home of the Americana Collection of USA silver coins

  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @tradedollarnut :
    Your 1909 slabbed coins will be worth a bloody fortune in the year 2209. Your great grandkid will thank you for your foresight! 😀

    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 7, 2026 5:16PM

    This coin is really photogenic.

    Website not allowing me to post photo.

    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

    .

    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Duplicate post

    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 45,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 14, 2026 4:53PM

    I’d be happy with brown after my last submission of ‘09s.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file