Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

All is well with The Penny Lady!

ThePennyLadyThePennyLady Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 31, 2026 11:35AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Hey folks, I saw in another thread that some folks were "concerned" about me at the ANA show, and I really have no idea why people thought I was "off." Thank you all for being concerned but I am truly feeling great, have no health issues, and was very excited to be at the show (except I was not thrilled to have to stand in line for 2 hours just to spend one minute retrieving my badge when I finally got to the front of the line).

As a matter of fact, I had an absolutely fantastic show, one of my best, acquired some amazing coins, sold a lot, and was SUPER busy and very grateful that I had a helper this time. I had several big deals going on with some of my customers over the phone, so that kept me a bit preoccupied at times. But believe me, I am happy, healthy, and all is VERY well with me, I just haven't posted much on the forums as I am quite involved with my grandkiddos and other things. But rest assured, I am preparing a huge show report which should be ready in a day or two, which will include all the usual cool coins, ANA displays, dining, exhibits, various coin folks, and of course great wine!

By the way, and another reason I was quite excited at the show - I was given a copy of the Fifth edition of Whitman’s Lincoln Cents book written by Q. David Bowers - and look who had the honor of writing the foreword!


Charmy Harker
The Penny Lady®

Comments

  • Options
    oldabeintxoldabeintx Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Great to hear that all is well. Looking forward to your show report. If nothing else I need to update my wine want list.

  • Options
    oldabeintxoldabeintx Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭✭✭

    And congratulations on the recognition by QDB.

  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 34,263 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Good to hear and good to see ya 😊 😝

  • Options
    bronzematbronzemat Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Good to hear you're doing well. Looking forward to the usual show report. :)

  • Options
    RedRocketRedRocket Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Good to know.
    I suppose after the news of Dolly Parton some became concerned for you (our "Dolly" of the forum).

  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 40,138 ✭✭✭✭✭

    bourse floor rumors?

    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    ThePennyLadyThePennyLady Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Again, no idea why anyone thought something was wrong.

    Charmy Harker
    The Penny Lady®
  • Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I’m glad you’re ok!

  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 30,333 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Of course people were worried when they saw a report by someone else... (a pretty good one at that).

    B)

    I like your forward. Very well done! I've collected every cent that's been made but my heart belongs to the memorials now days.

    tempus fugit extra philosophiam.
  • Options
    RedRocketRedRocket Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @ThePennyLady said:
    Again, no idea why anyone thought something was wrong.

    Not seeing you post for a few weeks and no show reports coupled with one observation of you appearing ill probably was the nucleus of concern.
    Good to know you are well and thriving.

  • Options
    goldengolden Posts: 10,547 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Looking forward to your show report.

  • Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 9,895 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I'm so happy to hear the good news. And after all those years in the legal world you can finally enjoy life a little.

  • Options
    ricarf2386ricarf2386 Posts: 248 ✭✭✭

    Hi Penny Lady,

    I recently joined this forum, and as I’m getting more involved in the community, I can easily see how highly respected, loved, and influential you are here. I just wanted to stop by and send you my most sincere wishes for your health and well-being. It is wonderful to hear that you are doing great!

    Inspired by how you bring major numismatic conventions to life with your reports, I am preparing to cover a very important upcoming event here in Ecuador called Cospel 2026. It will take place on September 18th and 19th, 2026, in Guayaquil at the Hilton Colón Guayaquil.

    I actually have an ongoing thread here on the PCGS boards under my username, ricarf2386, titled "The Official Spoken Word on Ecuador's Numismatic Journey: A Paradise of Rarity for PCGS Collectors". Since I am new, I plan to use your fantastic style as a model and will be posting all my coverage for Cospel 2026 right inside that thread. If you ever have a moment to drop by and look at it, I would be absolutely honored!

    Thank you for being such an inspiration to new members like me. Wishing you the absolute best, and I look forward to reading your full ANA report!

    Best regards,
    Richard Fajardo (ricarf2386)

  • Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 10,395 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Can’t wait to read your ANA show report from Pittsburgh!! Glad you’re doing well. I never doubted it for a moment!! 😉

    Sometimes, it’s better to be LUCKY than good. 🍀 🍺👍

    My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947):

    https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

  • Options
    shortnockshortnock Posts: 525 ✭✭✭✭

    Charmy! Thanks for chiming in here. Congratulations re: the book forward. Happy that you are doing well. Glad that you had a good Pittsburgh show.

  • Options
    Coins3675Coins3675 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭✭

    Congradulations on the book!

    Successful Transactions With: JWP, DBSTrader2, greencopper, bretsan, ajaan, Ted1, Desert Coin, olah_in_MA

  • Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 7,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Good to hear!

    The court jester does not play, but gently pulls the strings…

  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 11,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Looking forward to your ANA report and the ensuing ones from the shows.
    Good news on the health front for you that all is well.

    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 25,192 ✭✭✭✭✭

    You work at warp speed. Nice to see you slow down a bit.

  • Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Looking forward to your show report, as always. Glad you are well.

  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 7,574 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Awesome!!!

    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 18,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Glad all is well with you, Charmy.


    Get Your Copy Here

  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 12,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 31, 2026 8:44PM

    I assumed you were crazy busy buying and selling hence no postings. I was not worried. You have not seen me as I was not doing cents of late.

    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,915 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I guess it's always better if people were concerned that you are "missing" when you truly were not,

    Way better than "you were gone? Didn't notice." Glad to hear all is well.

  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,954 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 31, 2026 9:26PM

    Penny Lady, you're the best!!! Thanks for clearing something up that never should have been an issue to begin with.

    Dave

    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    RedRocketRedRocket Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Glad you are back!

    Looking forward to future show reports.

  • Options
    skier07skier07 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭✭✭

    It was very inappropriate for someone to post about your health in a public forum whether your health is good or bad especially if they have no idea what they’re talking about. Thank goodness your health is good and sorry you had to start a thread talking about very personal stuff.

  • Options

    Nice to see you at the show Charmy, and congrats on the book--you're "the penny lady", so it makes cents!

    www.sullivannumismatics.com Dealer in Mint Error Coins since 2003.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file