Options
How does this happen? could it be real?
My 2020 quarter i found today has a Roosevelt reverse. Lots of pics to see please give me educated opinions. 








Tagged:
0
Comments
Usually this happens when two coins get fused together with some sort of glue, and then separated. You are looking at the imprint in glue residue.
Or a vise job
30+ years coin shop experience (ret.) Coins, bullion, currency, scrap & interesting folks. Loved every minute!
I agree with P0CKETCHANGE - the irregular shape of the impression points to it being glue residue from when a dime and quarter were glued together, rather than a vise job.
I collect world proof sets, coins featuring composers, mid-20th century U.S. proof coins, U.S. type coins, and whatever else I want.
If it's glue, it will usually come off after soaking it in acetone.
Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
"Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
"Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire
I agree it's probably glue. It's not a vice job because the reverse side should show some flattening.
Another possibility is it could be struck thru a piece of struck Dime scrap, but glue is the most likely cause.
Definitely not a mint error.
Official PCGS account of:
www.TallahasseeCoinClub.com
Real glue.
botox gone wrong ?
It went Roque 🫣
At least it wasn't a W.