Home› Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

FSHO: 1971 Delmenhorst silver medals

I have two 0.986 silver medals commemorating the 600th anniversary of the founding of Delmenhorst, a city in northwestern Germany. The two are identical in design; the smaller is about 25 mm and weighs about 10 grams, while the larger is 35 mm and weighs about 19 grams. Interestingly, the city view side is proof and the city seal side is matte.

I purchased them at least 40 years ago from my local BM shop in Springfield IL. They need to go, as I am slowly "thinning the herd." There's about 0.9 ounce of silver in the pair; I offer them as a set for $50 postpaid (without insurance).

Here are some photos for reference:


Comments

  • Options
    gscoinsgscoins Posts: 326 ✭✭✭

    I should have noted that I am unable to take any of the more modern forms of payment; checks, money orders and (not recommended) cash) only.

    Thanks.

  • Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 3,117 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Must have purchased them at B & J coin shop!!!

  • Options
    gscoinsgscoins Posts: 326 ✭✭✭

    Right town, wrong store... ;)

  • Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 3,117 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @gscoins said:
    Right town, wrong store... ;)

    I grew up in Peoria and only lived here for 22 years. I'm not sure what other shops were in town 40 years ago!!

  • Options
    gscoinsgscoins Posts: 326 ✭✭✭

    I purchased this from Springfield Rare Coins Galleries in the early 80's. I don't recall the price, but it wasn't much more than silver content.

    I'll give this listing another week, then try to find a German dealer who might be interested.

  • Options
    YQQYQQ Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I have similar and am posting on MA.
    H

    Today is the first day of the rest of my life
Sign In or Register to comment.