Options
do you have a dream token?
kiyote
Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭✭✭
A token from the doomed steam ship the general Slocum has been my white whale for over 20 years. Zero luck finding one.
Even with my searches saved, I’m convinced one day this one’s gonna pop up on eBay and I’ll miss it and it’ll sell for 10 bucks 
"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
6
Comments
This is probably not what you were thinking about, but, I would have loved to get a hold of the 1853 $1 Arrows and Rays Token from @dcarr there were only 19 struck and they are probably in some pretty tight hands.
...or one of the 47 without the MM and edge marking.
Just saw one, non MM, on ebay for (whistle) $1,799.95 (free shipping)
BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore, Nickpatton, Namvet69,...
I always like this one.
There were a few Civil War tokens made for Nantucket Island. I'd love to own some examples some day.
Custom album maker and numismatic photographer.
Need a personalized album made? Design it on the website below and I'll build it for you.
https://www.donahuenumismatics.com/.
I think this is a variety type? Shoot them on the spoot?
Yes, the "Shoot him on the spoot" I think is considered an error refers to a famous 1863 Civil War patriotic token where a die engraver accidentally misspelled the word "spot" as SPOOT.
A misspelling, that was it 😉
HK 12a