Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Why don’t PCGS pictures include the grade?

ambro51ambro51 Posts: 14,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmmmmmmmm

Comments

  • Options
    Rc5280Rc5280 Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I wish I knew what you were talking about. Hmmmmmm.

  • Options

    I assume he's talking about True Views. A True View image represents a coin associated with a certification number. The grade for a certification number can change if the coin is sent in for re-grading and PCGS agrees. Then they would have to update the True Views. Probably more headache than they want.

  • Options
    Rc5280Rc5280 Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @jackrabb1t said:
    I assume he's talking about True Views. A True View image represents a coin associated with a certification number. The grade for a certification number can change if the coin is sent in for re-grading and PCGS agrees. Then they would have to update the True Views. Probably more headache than they want.

    I made the assumption as well, but I was also being a smarty-pants. My apologies.

    To your point, agreed.

    FWIW they do provide grades along with the pictures if you're on the certification page and click on the PCGS "industry number". They are limited photos w/grades, and sometimes it's handy ⇊ Click on one of the TV photos below...

    https://www.pcgs.com/coinfacts/coin/2014-s-50c-enhanced-silver-50th-anniversary-set-dmpl/535117/70

  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 34,206 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Like anacs did back in the day? That kinda stuffing?

  • Options
    SimonWSimonW Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Because they don’t provide any information, no grade, no date, no denomination, just the place where you can find all of it (cert number.) I figure they figure “where would you stop?” The grade isn’t the most important bit of information anyway.

    I'm BACK!!! Used to be Billet7 on the old forum.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file