Options
Question about a Registry Set notation for a Morgan Dollar
JDark
Posts: 77 ✭✭✭
I was reviewing an obvious bad Morgan CC on the Bay and pulled up the on-line cert for the genuine example; the cert had no image but noted a Registry set it was included in.


Image of this one doesn’t appear any better than the Bay listed example and I wonder what the apparent Chinese characters mean under the “PCGS Home” tab on the set page?


The combo image is of the Bay listed one, this registry set one and the genuine example previously listed on APMEX (low res image).

0
Comments
Last photo:
Two counterfeits (left to right) with a single genuine coin.
Yep; what about the Chinese characters on the regisrty page- do they have any meaning in this?
No. It's just a link
All comments reflect the opinion of the author, even when irrefutably accurate.
They point to a Chinese version of the registry. If that link is on the actual PCGS site (and it looks like it is), I'd consider that a genuine link/site.
A counterfeit in someone's registry? Yikes!
A lot of counterfeits have real cert numbers.
All comments reflect the opinion of the author, even when irrefutably accurate.
Yeah, but that someone bought one for Registry purposes... I'd have thought Registry set builders would be more experienced and/or knowledgeable about what they were buying. I'm not a Morgan guy but that one seems more obviously fake than some others we've discussed here.
I would evaluate that assumption. Lots of people dabble with registry sets either to show off or just to keep inventory
All comments reflect the opinion of the author, even when irrefutably accurate.