Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Pop for Freedom Ringing Bells

CapgunCapgun Posts: 994 ✭✭✭

First I've seen of it. Should be interesting.

Comments

  • Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,423 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Care to elaborate?

  • Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 12,579 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Is that anything like pop goes the weasel? Probably dating myself.

    My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

    Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 43,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Population?

    The information quality of threads is dropping like a meteor.

    All comments reflect the opinion of the author, even when irrefutably accurate.

  • Options
    CapgunCapgun Posts: 994 ✭✭✭

    @jmlanzaf said:
    Population?

    The information quality of threads is dropping like a meteor.

    Simply pointing out "The information quality" of your thread from 2020.

    "Time for a break.

    edited to add:

    If anyone wants to reach me, you can reach me at my business email: unpub@aol.com

    If I log in here to read PMs, some of our adoring and adorable forum members think I'm lurking.

    Just need a break. That's all I said. That's all I meant. Not sure why some of you apparently have chosen to read more into it. I didn't criticize anyone or call anyone out. I didn't complain about anything that happened here. I just need a break. I didn't say it was forever. I didn't leave in a huff. I didn't bother to explain because I thought none was needed. I just wanted to say "goodbye" to the few people who might care that I'm not around.

    I've spent most of the summer dealing with my best friend's widow and trying to sell off his estate. It has been emotionally exhausting. He was a member here. He's the one who really got me back into coins in a big way. Every auction, every price move in PMs makes me think of him. His widow contacts me every day, mostly for emotional support and a connection to him. I just needed a break.

    The forum can be very addicting and it is better to make a clean break. When and if I return, I'll remember not to say "hello again" cuz apparently "hello" and "goodbye" are bad etiquette. Well, at least when some of us do it."

  • Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 17,155 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Capgun said:

    @jmlanzaf said:
    Population?

    The information quality of threads is dropping like a meteor.

    Simply pointing out "The information quality" of your thread from 2020.

    "Time for a break.

    edited to add:

    If anyone wants to reach me, you can reach me at my business email: unpub@aol.com

    If I log in here to read PMs, some of our adoring and adorable forum members think I'm lurking.

    Just need a break. That's all I said. That's all I meant. Not sure why some of you apparently have chosen to read more into it. I didn't criticize anyone or call anyone out. I didn't complain about anything that happened here. I just need a break. I didn't say it was forever. I didn't leave in a huff. I didn't bother to explain because I thought none was needed. I just wanted to say "goodbye" to the few people who might care that I'm not around.

    I've spent most of the summer dealing with my best friend's widow and trying to sell off his estate. It has been emotionally exhausting. He was a member here. He's the one who really got me back into coins in a big way. Every auction, every price move in PMs makes me think of him. His widow contacts me every day, mostly for emotional support and a connection to him. I just needed a break.

    The forum can be very addicting and it is better to make a clean break. When and if I return, I'll remember not to say "hello again" cuz apparently "hello" and "goodbye" are bad etiquette. Well, at least when some of us do it."

    You simply pointed out, that unlike you, he made it very clear what he was talking about.

    Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 43,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Capgun said:

    @jmlanzaf said:
    Population?

    The information quality of threads is dropping like a meteor.

    Simply pointing out "The information quality" of your thread from 2020.

    "Time for a break.

    edited to add:

    If anyone wants to reach me, you can reach me at my business email: unpub@aol.com

    If I log in here to read PMs, some of our adoring and adorable forum members think I'm lurking.

    Just need a break. That's all I said. That's all I meant. Not sure why some of you apparently have chosen to read more into it. I didn't criticize anyone or call anyone out. I didn't complain about anything that happened here. I just need a break. I didn't say it was forever. I didn't leave in a huff. I didn't bother to explain because I thought none was needed. I just wanted to say "goodbye" to the few people who might care that I'm not around.

    I've spent most of the summer dealing with my best friend's widow and trying to sell off his estate. It has been emotionally exhausting. He was a member here. He's the one who really got me back into coins in a big way. Every auction, every price move in PMs makes me think of him. His widow contacts me every day, mostly for emotional support and a connection to him. I just needed a break.

    The forum can be very addicting and it is better to make a clean break. When and if I return, I'll remember not to say "hello again" cuz apparently "hello" and "goodbye" are bad etiquette. Well, at least when some of us do it."

    Yes. And I took a break for a couple months SIX YEARSA ago and I'm back. Apparently, I've been very good since then since you couldn't find one of my 20,000 posts since then to mention.

    But I still don't know what the point of this thread is. It didn't provide the pop report or comment on it.

    Since no one else who bothered to comment on the thread seems to know what the point is, apparently my opinion matters more to you than the others.

    All comments reflect the opinion of the author, even when irrefutably accurate.

  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 43,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 31, 2026 4:12AM

    I assume this is what you are referring to?

    Slightly more 69s than usual for a commem.

    All comments reflect the opinion of the author, even when irrefutably accurate.

  • Options
    USSID18USSID18 Posts: 658 ✭✭✭✭

    @jmlanzaf said:
    I assume this is what you are referring to?

    You also assume a lot, don't you? 😂

  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 43,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @USSID18 said:

    @jmlanzaf said:
    I assume this is what you are referring to?

    You also assume a lot, don't you? 😂

    No.

    All comments reflect the opinion of the author, even when irrefutably accurate.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file