Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

M. Jordan Player Set Listed

I have been collecting the 1980's MJ cards for a while now, and will list my set shortly now that there is a set listed on the registry. However, I do not have any of the post 1990 cards. If anyone has any of the ones listed in the set in PSA 9 and would like to unload them, please send me a list and wish price to:
robasmith@mail.com

Comments

• Options
    z2345z2345 Posts: 92

<< <i>I have been collecting the 1980's MJ cards for a while now, and will list my set shortly now that there is a set listed on the registry. However, I do not have any of the post 1990 cards. >>

Of the 794 cards required for the Michael Jordan player set, only a handful are from the 1980s. Good luck to you.
  • Options
    BobSBobS Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    Yep, I'm well aware of that. 794 is actually on the lean side. In a recent issue of tuff stuff there was a MJ checklist with something like over 2000 cards. I doubt I'll ever get all 794, but you gotta admit collecting his cards in basketball is like collecting Mantle cards in baseball. There will always be interest and some value in them. Plus I already have the 86 Fleer, everything else is downhill from here (A VERY, VERY , VERY long hill)
  • Options
    Bobs,

Have you thought about requesting a Jordan Player set of just his 1980's cards. I think there would be a lot of interest in a set like that. Although I think the set on the registry is a good representation of the major Jordan cards, it doesn't have most of his 80's cards. I don't think it would make much sence to add those cards to the set that is listed, as that set is already very large. Having an 80's set would allow all of the other 80's cards like 1985 Nike and the Fournier Estrellas cards to be listed on the registry without adding to an alredy very large set. There is already a Nolan Ryan Topps set listed and a Wayne Gretzky OPC set requested. I think for some players that have had so many cards issued, its good to have specialty sets like these. I know if I was to start collecting jordan, I'd just limit myself to his 80's cards, as there were just to many cards issued of him to ever be able to collect them all.

Good luck on your set!
  • Options
    Alfi-

That is a great idea. The only problem is what to do about those damn Star Co. cards.
  • Options
    aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    BobS-It would be a daunting task but PSA has graded some Star cards of Jordan, they are still in their database if you have the cert number although they are no longer in their pop report. It would make for quite a master set, almost one of a kind.
  • Options
    I think an 80's Jordan set should include all Jordan cards that PSA grades, but I think the Star cards should not be included. PSA doesn't grade them anymore so I don't think they would want them included in the registry. Also, how many of those Star cards that PSA graded were actually printed in the 90's? There are some other "cards" that are questionable like the 1985 Prism/Jewel Sticker and the 1989 Magnetables because they are not really cards. I like the Prism/Jewel sticker and there are 16 copies graded so I think it should be included. The Magnetables I believe are magnets, there's only one graded, and I'm not sure if PSA grades them any more.
  • Options
    I emailed BJ about the 1980's set and was told PSA is working out some ideas regarding player sets. Shortly I believe a 1980's only MJ set will be available.