Home PSA Set Registry Forum

FB exceeds PSA's finest on 72 Topps Set

I presume the program for the registry has made a computer mistake, but I just though it was cool that Frank surpassed the theoretical highest finest possible rating at 8.61 when PSA says the top is 8.60 - how does this happen or should PSA just build a better update program?

In any case, congrats

Collector of baseball PSA sets from the 1970's & hockey rookie cards; big New York Rangers fan (particularly now that they are sleeping with the enemy with Holik and Kaspiritus). Also starting to collect 53 Bowman Color as I think they are the most beautiful cards I have seen.

Comments

• sixdartsixdart Posts: 821 ✭✭
    PSA has not updated the set information to match the currrent PSA population database.
  • FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    Chris,

It happens because I have better cards than even PSA knows about!!!

Either that... or (or the "Best Possible" number is static and it hasn't been tied to the Pop report yet). Right now - the 72 set should be around 8.94 or 8.95.

What they have been doing is raising it each time I've updated my set. I may just have BJ kick it up to 8.80 for now until they've finished with the Pop report work so that there is no way that I'll hit it again for at least the next year - maybe two. Its getting tougher and tougher!!!!
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • thegemmintmanthegemmintman Posts: 3,101 ✭✭
    It's still a very awesome effort by FB image.

• What can you say, Frank MAKES the standards for this set. Before it’s over with I wouldn’t be surprised to to see him nail a 9.0 overall. …..Mr. Schaal 178 were are you?…
  • getupkidgetupkid Posts: 47 ✭✭
    Frank,

Congtrats it boggles the mind how far you have taken the 72's.....

Erik
    1972 Topps Baseball PSA 8 or higher/1978 Topps Baseball PSA 9 or higher.
  • FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    Thanks guys for all the kind words.

Yesterday, I emailed BJ and asked "when she got a chance" to change the "Finest Possible Grade" for the 72 set to 8.94. Thats what I calculated about 2 weeks ago and its far enough away where I know that its untouchable (at least by me) for at least another 18 months. I've also added another 20 or so PSA 9's to the set and opened the viewing back up. So, when it updates I won't be skulking in dark alleys anymore. My cards will be available for all to see.

I think that I'm going to start posting photos as well over the next few weeks. Probably the 10's first, then the HOF 9's, then the tough 9's, then High Series, etc.
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!