Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

How Do I Photograph Toned Coins?

Coins3675Coins3675 Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭✭

Whenever I am trying to photograph some of my toned coins, to show off their real beauty there is a glare in the middle of the coin and I want to know how PCGS and Great Collections do such a good job capturing the toning without a glare on the coin.
Here is an example of what I want my photos to look like:

Any Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated!

Successful Transactions With: JWP, DBSTrader2, greencopper, bretsan, ajaan, Ted1, Desert Coin, olah_in_MA

Comments

  • Options
    RedRocketRedRocket Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Defused lighting.
    Coupled with skill and having shot hundreds, if not thousands of coins.

  • Options
    Coins3675Coins3675 Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭✭

    Could you elaborate more on diffused lighting?

    Successful Transactions With: JWP, DBSTrader2, greencopper, bretsan, ajaan, Ted1, Desert Coin, olah_in_MA

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file