Home PSA Set Registry Forum

No 64 Topps Giants at show

I just came back from the Collectors Showcase show at VA. Granted I went there during the last 3 hours and some dealers are already packing up, I saw not one single 64 Topps Giants card, not even raw ones on display. Just thought that was odd.
Fred

Comments

• gemmintman went through the show earlier in the day image
    THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
  • BigKidAtHeartBigKidAtHeart Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    I spent about 4 hours at a show in Atlanta a few weeks ago - and saw some great old vintage stuff
    but no 64 Giants either.
    ~jeff
    imageimage
  • theBobstheBobs Posts: 1,136 ✭✭
    I stopped by a local shop yesterday and thumbed through about 500 1964 Giant cards.
    Where have you gone Dave Vargha
    CU turns its lonely eyes to you
    What's the you say, Mrs Robinson
    Vargha bucks have left and gone away?

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
  • thegemmintmanthegemmintman Posts: 3,101 ✭✭
    You mean you guys don't know about the secret traveling Topps Giants road show. It's a very elite club. I'm the only member image.
  • qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    Raw '64 Giants do not have the high prices for raw cards that dealers want (or need to pay expenses) and due to thier size, may not warrant the dealer to bring them. According to my Beckett Vintage monthly guide. Kaline, F.Robinson, B.Robinson & Yaz book for $5.00 each, while Ford, Spahn, Marichal, Killebrew are at $4.00 each and commons are at .50 cents and so on. ...jay
  • thegemmintmanthegemmintman Posts: 3,101 ✭✭
    Good point Jay. It's not too likely that you will see raw TG's at a show. You can always ask dealers if they can get their hands on some.