Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

This has brought the fun and challenge back to collecting

I would like to thank all of the members of this forum, as well as the good people at PSA for making this Set Registry and forum so enjoyable. What a great marketing tool on their part to keep em coming in for grading!
I am new to the forum and to the set registry, and I have seen in the last few weeks a renewed enthusiasm for collecting. My fiance feels otherwise - this is money for our honeymoon image!

This what is it all about.
collecting various PSA and SGC cards

Comments

• Options
    acowaacowa Posts: 945 ✭✭
    Well let me be the first to slam you on...I mean welcome you to the boards!

Regards,

Alan
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    It is a good thing that she has shown her true colors before you are married. Call off the whole thing now; take the ring back; and use the proceeds to buy cards to help console you.
  • Options
    FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    And if you decide to go through with it - just figure where you'll skim your card money from - where you'll hide your cards and what excuses you'll use when the mortage starts arriving late!

You're one of us now...
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Options
    Don't make the same mistake we all made. Learn from our lessons. save yourself the trouble of hiding your purchases, as well as setting up secret bank, and credit card accounts. Either get her to accept you for the intelligent person that you are, or find someone else who is understanding.

THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all of the advice! She is actually very understanding of my "needs" and the only thing she asks I do when it comes to the cards is stick on the budget and ask her opinion when buying a card - she has favorite cards believe it or not. At card shows she knows the lingo, grades, etc - quite a catch .... she bough me a Mickey Mantle for my birthday. There will be some purchases she will not know of though .....
  • Options
    sixdartsixdart Posts: 821 ✭✭
    ... the only thing she asks I do when it comes to the cards is stick on the budget ...

Good luck! Are there any children in future plans?

General collecting - yes, maybe, a budget may work. However, with PSA registry set collecting?????

Congratulations on the marriage!
  • Options
    theBobstheBobs Posts: 1,136 ✭✭

<< <i>stick on the budget >>

I have the same issue, of course I have spent my budget through first quarter of fiscal 2003. My wife is a much better grader than I am. She is brutally honest and can spot any anamoly without a loupe.
    Where have you gone Dave Vargha
    CU turns its lonely eyes to you
    What's the you say, Mrs Robinson
    Vargha bucks have left and gone away?

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
  • Options

<< <i>Don't make the same mistake we all made. Learn from our lessons. save yourself the trouble of hiding your purchases, as well as setting up secret bank, and credit card accounts. Either get her to accept you for the intelligent person that you are, or find someone else who is understanding.

image >>

Don't listen to Zardoz. He only spends $100 a month on cards, so of course his wife understands.image
    Ole Doctor Buck of the Popes of Hell

• Options
    acowaacowa Posts: 945 ✭✭
    Remember that before the wedding that you're getting the "trial version" of your spouse. My wife used to understand my needs a few years back image

BTW (Buckwheat)- The Dont listen to Zardoz quote is priceless!

Regards,

Alan
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭
    You must marry this girl.

My wife (12 years and counting) bought a 67 Carew rookie for my birthday.

We were married within 2 years.

They say you look for a sign!

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    As I have said time and time again, I spend $100 per month.

That's the story, and I'm sticking to it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! image
  • Options
    There will be some purchases she will not know of though .....

Uh huh, he's learning already

• Options
    FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    Yup...

A month ago my wife asked if my 72 set was worth $10,000 yet. I told her "pretty darn close" and left it at that.
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    carew4me - good deal and I agree - I WILL MARRY THIS GIRL

everyone else - good advice and I will keep it mind ... last night I showed her this thread (I know, I know) and to my surprise, she upped the limit to $750 at the next Ft. Washington show! I missed the one in May ....

I do not have a "high end" (except Pete Rose) collection so about 75-100 a month is perfect for me

I am saving for a nice 52 Topps Mantle PSA 5, so I wont tell her when I am ther - she might think I am nuts to spend 7K on a card - then again, aren't we all???
  • Options
    Speak for yourself!

Me?, I'm just mentally challenged image