Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Washington set submitted for pedigree and regrade.

I just submitted my silver Washington set to PCGS for pedigree and a full regrade. Maybe I'll get an upbeat grader. With almost 50 MS67s, I'm hoping a few are really 68s just waiting to be found. I'll post a followup when I get them back.
Bill

My Other Hobby

Comments

• braddickbraddick Posts: 22,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck with that set. Even ONE coin upgraded to MS68 is killer.

peacockcoins

• TWQGTWQG Posts: 3,145 ✭✭
    What a set. Can't wait!!!

• dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bill,

Good move and good timing. We'll keep an eye on that spectacular set!
  • RGLRGL Posts: 3,784
    Congratulations on the pedigree, Bill ... and I hope a few 68s fall your way as well.
  • merz2merz2 Posts: 2,474
    Bill
    I hope you have better luck than I and goose3 had with our last submission.May the Coin GOD smile on you!!!
    Don
    Registry 1909-1958 Proof Lincolns
  • itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations and good luck Bill!

Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • FlashFlash Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭
    When a set is submitted for pedigree, does PCGS automatically check each coin for possible upgrade?
    Matt
  • dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>When a set is submitted for pedigree, does PCGS automatically check each coin for possible upgrade? >>

No, you have to pay full grading fees for a re-grade. PCGS does nothing automatically (except ruin some coins, like Joe Labute's 1909 Lincoln when he sent it in for pedigree)
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • WhitewashqtrWhitewashqtr Posts: 737 ✭✭✭
    Bill,

I have been following your set. Magnificent. I wish you all the luck!! I am sure you have some worthy coins of upgrades. They tend to give a few when you pedigree.. you just have to hope they are the right ones. WIth all the 67's, Id be surpised if 1 out of 50 didnt come back a 68.

HAVE A GREAT DAY! THE CHOICE IS YOURS!!!!
  • STOCKFORDSTOCKFORD Posts: 1,328 ✭✭
    nice set and good luck for a 68 grade
    LOOKING FOR FULL STEP JEFFERSON NICKELS PCGS OR NGC
  • Hi Bill,

Congrats on sending your Washington set in for pedigree. I sent mine in for pedigree about a month ago and just got it back last week. I only asked for 5 regrades (but will request more in the future), but I only got one upgrade, but it was the one I most wanted: they upgraded my 1935-S to MS67! I had always thought this coin had been undergraded, but as you know, this particular coin in extremely tough in MS67, so therefore I never thought I'd get the upgrade. It looks like you are aksing for a complete set regrade. That will cost you a few bucks, but I hope it will be worthy investment. I'm sure you have at least some coins that will upgrade. I'll be anxious to hear how you did when you find out. Best of luck!

Tom Schiera
    No. 5 in the Washington quarter Set Registry