Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Should PSA tighten the standard on centering for

card backs? The image must be centered on the card within a tolerance not to exceed approximately 55/45 to 60/40 percent on the front, and 75/25 percent on the reverse(standard for a psa10) This seems a little to lienent to the card back. I think maybe it should be 65/35 for a PSA10. And a PSA can be 90/10 for the reverse. Again I think took lienent a PSA 9 Should be 75/25. Just an idea ...maybe modern only? Since the centering is suppose to be better?
x

Comments

• Options
    MantlefanMantlefan Posts: 1,079 ✭✭
    Gee, I wouldn't buy a PSA 10 centered 65/35 on the front. I mean the term Gem-Mint has to imply top-notch centering. As for card backs, they don't really concern me that much unless they're stained or horribly off-center. I generally buy auction cards based on the scan of the front. How important are card backs to other collectors?
    Frank

Always looking for 1957 Topps BB in PSA 9!
  • Options
    boggs301012boggs301012 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭
    horribly off-center

Can you get much worse than 90/10?
    x
  • Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'M SORRY, BUT PSA 10 IS SUPPOSE TO BE "GEM MINT"! SHOULD BE A PERFECT CARD. IF CENTERING ISN'T AN ISSUE ON CARDS, THEN WHY DO THEY USE A QUALIFIER TO DISTINGUISH ONE THAT IS OFF-CENTER? IF IT APPLIES TO THE FRONT, IT SHOULD APPLY THE SAME TO THE BACK. AND WHY SHOULD IT BE ANY DIFFERENT ON A PSA 8 AS OPPOSED TO A PSA 10 CARD? JUST MY RAMBLINGS....TIM
    Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    It's been re-hashed many times, but a PSA 10 is not a "perfect" card. It is a subjective rating given to MINT cards with especially nice eye appeal. The notable exceptions are some of those from the David Hall collection, which many feel were overgraded by one and in a few cases, two grades.
  • Options
    boggs301012boggs301012 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭
    I dont think the card should be perfect. Just the back should be a little bit better centered. Am I alone? I look and the backs. The 1996 score card has a great back and there are many others. All I am saying 90/10 for a 9 is very giving.

A PSA 10 Shouldnt be perfect. btw
    x