Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Ok Guys you can sleep at night...the Boggs set has weights

Yep you can sleep easy tonight. Some may seem odd...I am new at this. But I tried .I see a few I would like to switch already a point or two , but I figured if other Boggs collectos want to change it feel free. Some recent issues I gave a high weight I.E. 1993 Finest ...1990 leaf etc......

Boggs weights.....................
x

Comments

• Options
    That looks like a lot of fun.

Has anyone suggested that they do Don Mossi?

No, I'm not kidding.

bruce
    Collecting '52 Bowman, '53 Bowman B&W, and '56 Topps, in PSA-7.
    Email: brucemo@seanet.com
  • Options
    boggs301012boggs301012 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭
    brucemo

Don Mossi? Never heard of Da bum....Really I havent. Care to explain who he is?
    x
  • Options
    danandkatdanandkat Posts: 107 ✭✭
    We have no idea who Don Mossi is, but we play fantasy baseball with a guy who's team name is Don Mossi's Ears. We figure he had huge ears or something. image

Thnaks
    Dan & Kat
    SF Giants from the 60's & 70's in PSA6-9. dwdominguez@hotmail.com

"Just when they think they got all the answers, I change the questions."
    -- Roddy Piper
  • Options
    A picture is worth a thousand words.

bruce

• Options
    danandkatdanandkat Posts: 107 ✭✭
    Thank you so much Brucemo. LOL, it is so clear now.

Thanks
    Dan & Kat
    SF Giants from the 60's & 70's in PSA6-9. dwdominguez@hotmail.com

"Just when they think they got all the answers, I change the questions."
    -- Roddy Piper
  • Options
    Brucemo

Wow can he fly? But do you have the required three cards? TO start a graded set and or to make the request?
    x
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    Nicknamed the "Sphinx" A good pitcher with a handsome face that only a mother could love. Look for his '66 Topps card, thats a hoot too!...jay
  • Options
  • Options
    Ok you do I figured you did. I enjoy my Boggs set Wish I had a bigger budget to really persue it. Email BJ and make a request. I found it intresting to make the set decide which cards you want in there and try to be fair to others that want to persue it. I even eliminated Boggs cards I already had graded. Assigning weights was a challenge but once I got the ball Rolling I was ok , as few cards I would like to change. Like the 89 UD maybe to a 3 since it was one of the first premuims. Good Luck If your set gets listed. I still take Pride knowing my set was the First player set. Man does Mossi have some ears.
    x
  • Options
    I think you did a great job weighting the set but I think you should lower the weight of the 1990 Leaf card and raise the weight of the 1991 Topps Desert Shield card. The 1990 Leaf card is one of the easiest to find in high grade while the 1991 Desert Sheild is probably the hardest of his cards.
  • Options
    Alfiewt

I will be honest I dont own any 1991 Desert Shield Boggs card I have seen them on Ebay from time to time when they were 35.00 and up. THe prices have come down but I am leary of buying due to the fakes.I ask for scans on a few but ,nobody ever gave me a quality scan so I could look at the flag on the front.

As for the 1990 Leaf I really love that design and simple yet very nice eye appeal. And the back I love just as much as the front so I admit I am Biased on that one a bit. I wont Bother BJ right away I will aquire a Desert shield card in the near future I will put it at the top of my list. And decide then ( but I believe you)

AND thanks for taking the time to look you were the only person to respond to how I did. Thanks again

James
    x
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    This was always my favorite of Mossi:

He was third in the AL in ERA in 1961. He finished with a respectable career record of 101-80 with a 3.43 ERA while mostly playing for the Indians and Tigers.
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Answer: The 1955 Bowman Don Mossi card

Question: How can a 45+ year old baseball card in 1/1 PSA 9 MINT condition be ugly?
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    mike - actually, PSA graders initially wanted to give that card a 9(PD) until it was pointed out to them that it was not a print defect and those were his real features. image
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.