Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Hello from AndieHaley

Gentleman,

Greetings to all.It was brought to my attention yesterday that there was a question on my whereabouts and I did want to get on the board and say hello to all.As was mentioned I've started selling full time now..its been about 4 months.I have a wife and little girl and I can't tell you what having ones own business means to me.I was out in the work force 18 years at something I didn't enjoy until just now.Our little girl..Andie(first name),Haley(middle name) is just under 4.When she was 6 months old I knew I needed an outlet..something to focus on as best I could when it was my turn "for a break"...and I knew it needed to be close to home for obvious reasons.I literally stumbled across ebay while surfing the net and it all began.At 40,I was able to do it all over again with my baseball cards..except this time my mother was going to have a much more difficult time throwing out the shoe box full of cards!!! I started to collect the PSA graded stars and well known players from the 60's when I was a kid.It was awesome.Then I met somebody through ebay that has changed my life.My friend Steve Pekovich.Basically Steve said "why not" when I said I didn't think changing careers at this time in my life was possible..So I put a 5 year plan into place that miraculously took 9 months to complete and last March 14th called it quits at a company I'd been at for 18 years to be a full time seller/dealer.I have been having a blast although I must say I NEVER have worked harder in my life.But its something I enjoy which means so much and gives me more time with Lisa and Andie putting a smile on their faces as well.And thats everything.

The sale of the set was a very difficult decision,but I think I new in the back of my head all along if I was going to become a full time dealer the set would have to go.I was certain it would make a difference in our lives.The decision making quickly got easier as that became clear.

The people I meet and contacts we've all made give me all the hope in the world that we are a part of an industry that has plenty of growth left in it.I hope to be here for years to come.Thank You to everyone out there that makes this a proud place to spend my day.

Oh..and yes..Rob,Scott and Steve....be carefull.....I'll be back!! imageimageimage

Comments

• Options
    jrinckjrinck Posts: 1,321 ✭✭
    Welcome, Keith!

And to all who don't know him, I can vouch for how good of a dealer and person he is. Without him, my '71 set would be languishing at around 20%, rather than the 85% it is now.

The cards he has sold me have all been top notch, and he is one of nicest dealers as well as people I know!
  • Options
    purelyPSApurelyPSA Posts: 712 ✭✭
    Whoa! Start a thread and bam! Both Andiehaley and Kmas5 show up in a couple of days. Maybe I should start one about Jimmy Hoffa?image

Seriously, though, there's room for many more great sellers in the hobby, and as a '71 guy I'm glad to know you're above reproach.
  • Options
    The best of luck, now if I could just quit my day job as well image
    www.LloydWTaylor.com
    Vintage Baseball Cards
    Sales and Ebay Consignment Service
    email
    Lloyd_Taylor_Vintage_Cards -- on Ebay
  • Options
    andiehaley - Though I have never dealt with you, I wish you the best of luck. I'm sure it was extremely difficult to make the decision that you did and I am appreciative of your excitement. Hopefully I will have the opportunity to offer you some business in the future.
    "We don't own these cards, we just hold them for awhile." -- Jay of Quality Cards
  • Options
    Keith, Welcome to the board! Now as a full time dealer along with Steve and Paul supplying masses of cards I think I’ll need to find a second job. Any body need their yard mowed? Best of luck with your endeavor!
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    Keith, good luck with your business decision. I've been playing err! selling cards for over 15 years full time. Its a great business. We have each won auctions off of each other, and you are great to deal with. Hope all goes well with you....Jay
  • Options
    gaspipe26gaspipe26 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭
    I have to admit I'm indeed happy for you in your desicion to change careers at 40. I'm 41 and I've been doing what I do for 23 years. I've worked very hard to have the success that I enjoy. BUT I to am getting bored with my job. Unfortunately its the only thing I know!
    60-70 hrs a week, living away from home all but 6 or 7 days a month. It gets old. I've started my "new" venture with my stable and in a few months I'm at least keeping my head above water. (Knock on wood) Although I didnt leave my job. If everything works out I might be able to retire from it in a few short years. Oh Happy Daaaayss, oh happy day. I just hope I'm bright enough to work this new venture into a career.
  • Options
    ejguruejguru Posts: 617 ✭✭✭
    Keith-baby!! NY in the house!!

Glad to see you on the board!! Looking ahead, I am hoping to see you at the White Plains show in August. Are you setting up, shopping or both? Let me know if you are bringing any raw 60's...

Eric
    "...life is but a dream."

Used to working on HOF SS Baseballs--Now just '67 Sox Stickers and anything Boston related.