Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

I'm coming out!!

I have finished my modern circulation strike type set The S. Jackson Collection and have now opened it up for the world to see. I had it blacked out temporarily because I was doing alot of buying within a small community and did not want to tempt anyone with the opportunity to exploit.

The set is a work in progress with the spreadsheet showing 67.56 when I'm finished. It has been a joy to put this set together with about a third coming from forum members I've 'met' some fine people along the way. There are some types in here that I didn't think I would ever own, and frankly can't stand the designs, but the joy of seeking every type really appeals to me and has forced me to learn about some coins that I never would have considered.

In the spirit of this long awaited event (for me at least), I am also opening my 20th century circulation type set no gold with varieties The S. Jackson Collection I also just deleted the no varieties version because I don't see the benefit of registering in both. Seems kinda hoggish when you compare the two compositions.

My 1/10 oz. platinum set This one has always been open. I'm the ruler of that domainimage

Please take a moment and look at some of my sets and feel free to comment on my choices or post links to your open sets.

Sean

Comments

• vam44vam44 Posts: 291
    "I`m coming out!!"
    Take it to the open forum, you "alternative lifestyle"!image
    A dealer once asked me if I noticed any three-legged buffalos on the bourse,to which I replied,"...no,but I saw alot of two-legged jackasses..."
  • DeepCoinDeepCoin Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭
    Nice set. I would make one very minor comment. You list a Roosie dime as having Full Bands. The Full bands designation is a Merc attribute. You probably just put the comment in the wrong spot when setting it up. Congratulations on opening it up for view.
    Retired United States Mint guy, now working on an Everyman Type Set.
  • RELLARELLA Posts: 960 ✭✭✭
    DeepCoin,

You might be right about the FB comment...but you might not. I know that the FB designation is for Mercs but several serious Roosevelt collectors do concentrate on obtaining fully struck, "full bands" examples of their coins. I think that some of these collectors may have also lobbied PCGS to begin using an FB designator on Roosevelts; I'm not sure if there was ever any progress made on that front or what current efforts may be (I guess the fact that PCGS does not have FB for Roosies tells us something though).

RELLA
    Do not fall into the error of the artisan
    who boasts of twenty years experience in his craft
    while in fact he has had only one year of experience...
    twenty times.
  • mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭
    Lately, I have seen a couple of references to full band Roosevelts. I will be interesting to see if PCGS thinks the designation is valid. (not sure if valid is the right word here). Mark

Darn, now I gotta study the Roseys in my type set to see if I need to upgrade. imageimage
    National Register Of Big Trees

We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.
  • Perhaps the fb for roosevelts are irrevelent because there are no
    dates that are rare in fb. fs for nickles, now some of em are rare, but
    not roosevelts, so no premium
    Say no to ACG!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • prooflikeprooflike Posts: 3,879 ✭✭
    Full bands for a Rosie sounds like an ACG designator, wait they alrady have full torch image

• andy007andy007 Posts: 475
    There are a few dates in the Roosevelt series that are tough to find with fully split bands on the reverse, if you don't believe me, go take a look for yourself. Tom B first answered the question I had about FB Roosevelts, he gave a great post on it, and gave some interesting information like there was once a fairly large group of Roosevelt collectors who wanted the Full Band designation to be as recognized as it's predecessor. Unfortunately the post is so old I couldn't locate it.
  • supercoinsupercoin Posts: 2,323
    Congrats! What's the comment on the 1976 Ty2 Ike mean?