Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

sending coins to PCGS thru dealers

i have a Mill Sac dollar i want pcgs to grade.Since im not a member i have to use a dealer.Can someone please explain to me how the process works.?Do they mail out the coin or just package
it and let me do it.Can they switch coins on you?Is there any place you can go to see if anyone has complained about a certain PCGS authorized dealer?Not trying to offend the dealers just want to know how it works good and bad.
Tim

Comments

• Options
    littlewicherlittlewicher Posts: 1,822 ✭✭
    It's probably just easier to send them in on your own.

For some life lasts a short while, but the memories it holds last forever.
    -Laura Swenson

In memory of BL, SM, and KG. 16 and forever young, rest in peace.
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you don't trust your dealer you can do it yourself. Cost about twice what a dealer pays. I would pay $8.50 to have my dealer send it in. (of course, he never sends in moderns so the shipping would be extra). Usually, I just drop a few in with his, and the shipping ends up on him image

Why would anyone switch a Mill Sac?

You can be a silver member for free and send them in on your own, check the home page.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    i worry about everything. had to edit my last statement tho made no sence image but would like to know the process of how that works whether or not i send in my coin
    Tim
  • Options
    Q12 : You can get a Silver Membership , at no cost to you , so you can send your modern coins in yourself. Just check on the membership or submission link.
    Howie
    Howie--Always looking to upgrade SBA , MS Eagles & Ikes
  • Options
    i'm a member. could help you out i think. email me tg64155@aol.com
    PCGS sets under The Thomas Collections. Modern Commemoratives @ NGC under "One Coin at a Time". USMC Active 1966 thru 1970" The real War.