Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

One of my GREATEST Collections

1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 14,157 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 1, 2025 12:18PM in U.S. Coin Forum

One of my greatest collections ---[modest compared to others here, ]


Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb, Ricko

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

Comments

  • Options
    Inspired70Inspired70 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Really nice collection! Like the way the picture lays it out.

  • Options
    safari_dudesafari_dude Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭✭

    2032? What date does that correspond to?

  • Options
    jfriedm56jfriedm56 Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Very nice collection. How long did it take you to finish this?

  • Options
    calgolddivercalgolddiver Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭✭✭

    congratulations and nice presentation. gotta link to the registry set?

    Top 16 Type Set 1792 to present

    Top 10 Cal Fractional Type Set

    successful BST with Ankurj, BigAl, Bullsitter, CommemKing, DCW(7), DesertMoon, Downtown1974, Elmerfusterpuck, Joelewis, Mach1ne, Minuteman810430, Modcrewman, Nankraut, Nederveit2, Philographer(5), Proofcollection, Realgator, Silverpop, SurfinxHI, TomB and Yorkshireman(3)

  • Options
    ARCOARCO Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 1, 2025 6:49PM

    Fantastic set. I love the Seated Dollar. I am sure others are very nice, but the larger coin is all my older eyes can see well. :)

    Btw, I have an 1872 Seated Dollar PCGS MS62. I figure your MS61 CAC is the same as PCGS MS62 no-Cac.

  • Options
    Texas77Texas77 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Impressive

  • Options
    P0CKETCHANGEP0CKETCHANGE Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Very nicely assembled set. I love the ‘09-S VDB in the Lincoln slot, instead of a modern proof like many type sets have. The CC dime is a great choice as well. And nice grade on the Trade $1. Thanks for sharing.

    Superb collections are built more by omission than by addition.

  • Options
    P0CKETCHANGEP0CKETCHANGE Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @safari_dude said:
    2032? What date does that correspond to?

    The Innovation Dollars will run through 2032.

    Superb collections are built more by omission than by addition.

  • Options
    safari_dudesafari_dude Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @P0CKETCHANGE said:

    @safari_dude said:
    2032? What date does that correspond to?

    The Innovation Dollars will run through 2032.

    Thanks!

  • Options
    cinque1543cinque1543 Posts: 637 ✭✭✭✭

    Superb collection. Well done!

  • Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 11,139 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Do you have a fav from this set? I like that blueish PL (looking) Walker.

  • Options
    DisneyFanDisneyFan Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I really like that description, "Basic United States Coin Design Set." It should be a Registry Set category.

    Unfortunately, my eyes don't allow me to read the descriptions underneath each coin.

  • Options
    alaura22alaura22 Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 1, 2025 8:36PM

    @DisneyFan said:
    I really like that description, "Basic United States Coin Design Set." It should be a Registry Set category.

    Unfortunately, my eyes don't allow me to read the descriptions underneath each coin.

    Right mouse click on the pic and save it as a jpeg, then you can blow it up, like I have to do :/

  • Options
    DisneyFanDisneyFan Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @alaura22 said:

    @DisneyFan said:
    I really like that description, "Basic United States Coin Design Set." It should be a Registry Set category.

    Unfortunately, my eyes don't allow me to read the descriptions underneath each coin.

    Right mouse click on the pic and save it as a jpeg, then you can blow it up, like I have to do :/

    Any suggestions when using an Apple computer?

  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 24,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Great coins!

  • Options
    UncleJoeUncleJoe Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭

    Very, very nice! Congrats. Not modest at all imo.

    Joe

  • Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 14,157 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @DisneyFan said:

    @alaura22 said:

    @DisneyFan said:
    I really like that description, "Basic United States Coin Design Set." It should be a Registry Set category.

    Unfortunately, my eyes don't allow me to read the descriptions underneath each coin.

    Right mouse click on the pic and save it as a jpeg, then you can blow it up, like I have to do :/

    Any suggestions when using an Apple computer?

    I'm sorry if quality of the photos and text is not great but,
    I made that entire presentation in MS Word,
    from inserting pics, circular cropping, text, background color etc.,
    I do not have any fancy software.
    boston

    Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb, Ricko

    Bad transactions with : nobody to date

  • Options
    P0CKETCHANGEP0CKETCHANGE Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2, 2025 7:49AM

    @DisneyFan said:
    I really like that description, "Basic United States Coin Design Set." It should be a Registry Set category.

    Your'e in luck, because it already is a Registry Set. See below:
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/basic-u-s-coin-design-set-no-gold-1792-present/950

    Superb collections are built more by omission than by addition.

  • Options
    alaura22alaura22 Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2, 2025 5:03PM

    I'm #20 :/
    But still on the 1st page :)

  • Options
    alaura22alaura22 Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @DisneyFan said:

    @alaura22 said:

    @DisneyFan said:
    I really like that description, "Basic United States Coin Design Set." It should be a Registry Set category.

    Unfortunately, my eyes don't allow me to read the descriptions underneath each coin.

    Right mouse click on the pic and save it as a jpeg, then you can blow it up, like I have to do :/

    Any suggestions when using an Apple computer?

    Sorry, can't help there

  • Options
    DisneyFanDisneyFan Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @P0CKETCHANGE said:

    @DisneyFan said:
    I really like that description, "Basic United States Coin Design Set." It should be a Registry Set category.

    Your'e in luck, because it already is a Registry Set. See below:
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/basic-u-s-coin-design-set-no-gold-1792-present/950

    THANKS! I just signed up. Had no idea it existed and I see there are now 557 participants. It's a nice way to create some logic to my collection.

  • Options
    oldabeintxoldabeintx Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Are you going to go for the earliest designs next? Not sure what’s in the registry. Beautiful set and love the SVDB as a choice. I sold mine when I sold my Lincoln set, wish I had kept if for type but too stubborn to admit that I screwed up.

  • Options
    CopperindianCopperindian Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Now THAT’s a collection! Beautiful - well done. CONGRATS!

    “The thrill of the hunt never gets old”

    PCGS Registry: Screaming Eagles
    Copperindian
    Copperindian II
    Indy Eagles
    Gold Rush
    Bust Caps

    Retired sets: Soaring Eagles
    Copperindian
    Nickelodeon
    Early Walkers

    Successful transactions: Eagle Eye, redraider, winesteven, renomedphys, splitaces, oreville, ajaan, Cent1225, onlyroosies, justindan, blitzdude, DesertMoon, johnnyb, Heubschgold, SunshineRareCoins, ParadimeCoins, ndeagles, Southern_Knights, pcgsregistrycollector, BruceS

  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 13,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Nicely done
    I'm doing a design set as well
    Inspiring post

    "Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working" Pablo Picasso

  • Options
    clarkbar04clarkbar04 Posts: 5,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @alaura22 said:

    @DisneyFan said:
    I really like that description, "Basic United States Coin Design Set." It should be a Registry Set category.

    Unfortunately, my eyes don't allow me to read the descriptions underneath each coin.

    Right mouse click on the pic and save it as a jpeg, then you can blow it up, like I have to do :/

    Right click on the pic and select "open in new window" also helps dramatically, especially for trueviews.
    Great set, congratulations!

    MS66 taste on an MS63 budget.
  • Options
    pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭✭✭

    That's a prize collection for anybody! Congratulations!

    Tim

  • Options
    pmh1nicpmh1nic Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Is the some company out there that could make an acrylic display like that to hold the coins?

    The longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice is it possible for an empire to rise without His aid? Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 10,395 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Awesome set!!

    Not easy to complete!!

    Sometimes, it’s better to be LUCKY than good. 🍀 🍺👍

    My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947):

    https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

  • Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Looks great to me!

    "When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

  • Options
    P0CKETCHANGEP0CKETCHANGE Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @DisneyFan said:

    @P0CKETCHANGE said:

    @DisneyFan said:
    I really like that description, "Basic United States Coin Design Set." It should be a Registry Set category.

    Your'e in luck, because it already is a Registry Set. See below:
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/basic-u-s-coin-design-set-no-gold-1792-present/950

    THANKS! I just signed up. Had no idea it existed and I see there are now 557 participants. It's a nice way to create some logic to my collection.

    Np. It’s my primary set, and at one time was my only set before I branched out to a few series and gold type. The modern dollar coins are a little blah, but otherwise it’s a fantastic set and you don’t need four dozen seated Liberty varieties (slight exaggeration) like the 7070.

    Superb collections are built more by omission than by addition.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file