Home› Precious Metals
Options

Do you clean your bullion?

I regularly use Tarn-X on my 90% when it first arrives. Sometimes secondary market rounds can use some as well. As for new rounds I stickem in the tubes without touching them.

Comments

  • Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 10,270 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Sometimes, if it is something that I intend to keep (rarely) and if it is spotted.

    I also recommend using Tarn-X on all Silver Eagles that have a higher value due to the date and/or condition. I believe that will prevent future "milk spotting" (but it won't cure milk spots that have already formed - nothing will).

  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 38,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I stack mine in the shower. Stays clean.

    "Money does not care about speeches on morality. Capital asks whether the rules will remain the same tomorrow. With inflation, people assume price is the problem, and propose regulation—but price is simply the message." - Martin Armstrong

  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 45,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Never

  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Rarely, maybe 1% or 2% of it and only if there's a foreign substance that needs to be removed.

    I recently received a 1/10 Au Brit that had a tiny spot of what looked like strawberry jam on it. Got most it off with a toothpick.

  • Options
    rte592rte592 Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭✭✭

    People like shiney, so once in awhile I will dip one.

  • Options
    relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Nope, my scrooge McDuck stacks stay stacked.

    Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions
  • Options
    BearlyHereBearlyHere Posts: 303 ✭✭✭✭

    I do want to specify that I would never clean a numistmatic coin. Only bullion.

  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 24,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Years ago I would polish my vintage poured bars. I cringe now when I think back! :#
    But now, no, I leave them original I treat them like coins…

    I may wash them with soap and water very gently just to get finger oils off the surface, but as for cleaning them in a harsh way, never!

Sign In or Register to comment.