Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Finally Bought a 2024 Privy Flowing Hair Silver Medal

I’ve been waiting for the opportunity to buy one of these, and thankfully my wait came to an end yesterday, when I was offered this splendid MS70 at a fair price. It is really a fantastic coin in hand, one of my favorites made by the U.S. Mint in recent years. You can see practically every strand of hair on the Flowing Liberty. Just wanted to share this special coin while it’s still mine. :)




Comments

  • Options
    Texas77Texas77 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Awesome, congrats

  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 34,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Way cool, I like

  • Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,489 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 29, 2024 8:44AM

    Congrats! Beautiful coin!

    Very nice cert number too!

    Here's your TrueView :)

  • Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 10,395 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Most excellent pickup!

    Sometimes, it’s better to be LUCKY than good. 🍀 🍺👍

    My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947):

    https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

  • Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I will definitely get one eventually! What a beautiful piece

    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Very nice pickup. These have still been holding value above $5,000 in most cases. I have been looking for a decent one myself but am leaning towards a CACG and those still go for more than $6,000. Considering the 1,794 mintage and they are medals, it is a little bit surprising to me.

  • Options
    cinque1543cinque1543 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭✭

    Stunning. Well done.

  • Options
    fathomfathom Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

    How about that US Mint turning on a dime and doing an about-face to develop a product that will appeal to the seasoned numismatist.

  • Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I see the listing on eBay. So, you bought it and now are flipping it. That coin is getting a lot of air miles.

  • Options
    Rc5280Rc5280 Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭✭✭

    A condition rarity! ⇈

  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,601 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Pocket coin vs Privy Mark, what is your preference?
    I resurrected this thread due to the conversation around the comparison between the upcoming Liberty Silver Bell and this little beauty.

    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 45,232 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @MilesWaits said:
    Pocket coin vs Privy Mark, what is your preference?
    I resurrected this thread due to the conversation around the comparison between the upcoming Liberty Silver Bell and this little beauty.

    Let freedom ring. I was going to use this photo in the “Saturday coffee and coin” thread, but it’s really not a coin.

    Though my brother got the privy mark and COA , luckily , and sold it for $8800 after having it for one month . Amazing ROI for $104. Like “a box of chocolates”

    Practice makes perfect & nobody is perfect. So, practice being nobody.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file