Home› Precious Metals
Options

Anyone remember the investment contest here yearly?

BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,790 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those were fun, but likely not easy to run.
I was kind of MIA for a few years but I don't think I missed them as I think they just stopped being run.

Thankfully, there are other forums that have them...kind of a fun thing to be part of.

(just checking in case they are still being run here and I haven't seen them)

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

Comments

  • Options
    Clackamas1Clackamas1 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 27, 2024 5:57PM

    I don't remember it however it would be fun. I am buying leaps on Tesla for a YOLO.

  • Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭✭

    I ran it for a few years and had a blast doing it, but ran out of available minutes. I was seriously considering it for 2025 but never pulled the trigger.

  • Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭✭✭

    My brain doesn't have the facts straight enough to give the dates of who did what/when but I seem to think @MsMorrisine and @Wingsrule have both recently coordinated the contest. Please you or someone volunteer and keep the tradition alive, I would not be good at keeping track. My pick would probably be even worse. LOL I'm pretty sure I had the short BTC play the last time @MsMorrisine ran the show ~22-23. RGDS!

    The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.
    BOOMIN!™
    Wooooha! Did someone just say it's officially "TACO™" Tuesday????
    Retiring at 55, what day is today? :sunglasses:

  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 45,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 27, 2024 7:37PM

    Yes I remember.

  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,790 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Yep. Wingsrule and MsMorrisone were in my memories for running it. I can't recall who did it prior.
    Like I said, I think it was a lot of work and there were always a few whiners that didn't want to follow the set rules or wanted to change them to make things their way. Just made it harder.

    I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 38,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

    i remember losing my shirt each year with the same silver prognostication.

    Only a matter of time. LOL

    "Money does not care about speeches on morality. Capital asks whether the rules will remain the same tomorrow. With inflation, people assume price is the problem, and propose regulation—but price is simply the message." - Martin Armstrong

  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 34,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I haven't seen that in quite a while

  • Options
    RobMRobM Posts: 609 ✭✭✭

    I do. 2021. 100% long DOGE at around $0.006 on Jan 1, finishing year around $0.17. I still have my silver eagle prize. B)

Sign In or Register to comment.