Home› Precious Metals
Options

No Longer a Collector

I've officially retired from numismatics. I've traded in about 90% of my slabs for gold and silver bullion. In the last year I purchased the star privy Eagle and the US/UK colaborative Britannia/Eagle slabs.
Just stacking now unless something really unusual comes along.

Comments

  • Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭✭

    Hope your choice works out well for you.

  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 38,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

    aren't the star privy ASE and the US/UK collaborations considered collector coins (numismatic)?

    If so you're almost there!

    "Money does not care about speeches on morality. Capital asks whether the rules will remain the same tomorrow. With inflation, people assume price is the problem, and propose regulation—but price is simply the message." - Martin Armstrong

  • Options
    CrustyCrusty Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I have done the same over the last couple years. I’m 100% out of numismatics and focused on weight.

  • Options
    RedneckHBRedneckHB Posts: 20,240 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I dumped most of my higher value collector coins in 2008-10. Bought gutter and yellow metal in 2014-17. Adding white metal from time to time.

    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

    Knowledge is the enemy of fear

  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 24,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Most of my collector bullion has lost its premium and gained in price. Par for the course. I maintain 3 collections and two of them are bullion. I dropped several projects a few years ago in order to be able to better fund my favorite ones. My newbie interest in ancients and foreign coins keeps growing.

    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

    I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Dumped all my collectables years ago with exception of my slabbed Peace/Morgan dollars but have slowly been selling away all the duplicates.

    I do have a decent amount of slabbed pre-33 gold remaining but I always bought those at or very close to spot so I consider them as bullion. Currently holding bullion Au, Ag, a bit of Pt and the occasional SLV. RGDS!

    The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.
    BOOMIN!™
    Wooooha! Did someone just say it's officially "TACO™" Tuesday????
    Retiring at 55, what day is today? :sunglasses:

Sign In or Register to comment.