Home Precious Metals

Russia Buying Silver!!!

2»

Comments

• cladkingcladking Posts: 28,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 15, 2024 2:36PM

The biggest stockpile of silver could be shoehorned into two of these tanks if it were in the form of silver rounds.

Tempus fugit.
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 19,011 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cladking
    Speaking of holy smokes the article linked above omits the fact that silver is used as fuel in all cruise missiles. Every time a new military installation goes up 9in smokes 500 pound of silver does as well.

500 pounds of silver in missle?

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

@cohodk said:

@cladking
    Speaking of holy smokes the article linked above omits the fact that silver is used as fuel in all cruise missiles. Every time a new military installation goes up 9in smokes 500 pound of silver does as well.

500 pounds of silver in missle?

Yes. That has been reported. I researched it at some effort and apparently they use silver and hydrogen peroxide for fuel.

Everything gets harder to research all the time but this is largely because the search engines suck. With AI they'll soon be able to stop you from finding anything at all whether it's top secret or not. Every country 9in the world uses silver and H2O2 apparently but it's still hard to find. I believe they are all loaded with full "tanks" and then programmed before use but, obviously, I didn't find much about how to buy or use cruise missiles.

500 pounds sure sounds like a lot of silver to me.

Tempus fugit.

Wright Patterson AFB says the Tomahawk uses JP-10 fuel.

Maybe I need to check more. I couldn't get silver to burn.

Tempus fugit.
  • dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmm ...

Time to start mining cruise missile impact sites ?
    None around here, though (fortunately).

I have read reports that Russia has nuclear-powered cruise missiles. They stay airborne for extended periods (years) while waiting for commands to go to a target. They are prone to mishaps, apparently. But they don't use nearly as much silver.