Home Sports Talk

Man Stomps on Another Fan’s Head During Insane Brawl at Falcons-Saints Game

coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

A horrific brawl broke out at Mercedes-Benz Stadium during the Atlanta Falcons’ 26-24 win over the New Orleans Saints on Sunday.

The video shows fans pushing, punching, and even stomping each other’s heads on the upper levels of the stadium in Atlanta.
One man is seen stomping on the head of a man who fell to the deck before a woman drags him away from the fight. The man whose head was stomped does not appear conscious after being stomped.
Unfortunately, that was not the only upper-deck brawl on Sunday. A video shows two other young fans fighting as well.

Fights between NFL fans seem to be a weekly occurrence during football season.

A few weeks ago, a woman was slammed to the ground during the Raiders-Chargers game.

Video's - https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2024/09/30/video-man-stomps-another-fans-head-during-insane-brawl-falcons-saints-game/

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

Comments

• GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

There Is No Need For Anything Like That.... Just Wrong From So Many Levels...

• craig44craig44 Posts: 11,102 ✭✭✭✭✭

totally insane that people act like that.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• MistlinMistlin Posts: 306 ✭✭✭

Sports brawls like this are always going to happen when teams allow unlimited drinking pregame tailgating, then continue to overserve patrons at concession stands.

I do not have time for ignorant trolls.
    ignore list: 1948_Swell_Robinson, Darin, bgr, bronco2078, dallasactuary

• DocBenjaminDocBenjamin Posts: 989 ✭✭✭✭

@Mistlin said:
    Sports brawls like this are always going to happen when teams allow unlimited drinking pregame tailgating, then continue to overserve patrons at concession stands.

That and the onsite gambling kiosks.

• bgrbgr Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭✭

Bring back prohibition.

• LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭✭✭

A reflection of the times we now live in. It permeates every aspect of society today, not just sporting events.

• Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭✭✭

ban assault shoes!

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LandrysFedora said:
    A reflection of the times we now live in. It permeates every aspect of society today, not just sporting events.

Tell you what I remember back around 1977 at the Old Foxboro stadium, my parents and I went to Pats game, we were seated all the way to the end of the stadium by the parking lot entrance and I spent more time watching fights that night than I did football.

The age of Cameras and social media amplifies the fan violence but it's always been a thing

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,579 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 3, 2024 9:46AM

idk how many of you attend sporting events in the flesh, but i go to my fair share every year. the alcohol consumption is off the charts. back in Aug i went to watch my alma mater play Texas Tech and i couldn't believe my eyes -- students allowed to purchase multiple beers at a time. saw so many kids walking back to their seats with 3 beers stacked on top of each other. it wasn't a football game, it was a frat party on steroids. gee i can't possibly comprehend how one of them could have plowed into my school's bus and injured coaches & players after the game.

but this has been going on for quite some time. about 10 years ago i was in Cleveland and saw the Browns play the Dolphins. i had an aisle seat and if i had stopped every person on my row who walked in front of me and asked them where they were, i guarantee you the answers would have run the gamut. not garden-variety drunks. we're talking an i-have-no-idea-where-i-am type of inebriation. but come to think of it, if i was a fan of that low self-esteem franchise i'd probably be perpetually blasted too

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet

• I attended a Raiders-Chargers game at the L.A. Coliseum. In 1984. Monday Night Football. I sat with friends in the end zone seats. We were surrounded by so many battles, that the game itself seemed secondary. And it was a GREAT game! :D Unforgettable.

My Dad can beat up your Dad.

It's this type of mentality... I think... that shifts the responsibility from the individual that really disgusts me. As long as there's this, or that, well people are going to do bad things.

I think a bartender has a responsibility to judge whether someone has had too much to drink, but to expect this from someone pouring beers at a concession stand is beyond reasonable. Fans who behave like this need to be held accountable. Irresponsible people are going to act irresponsibly.

• SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 12,028 ✭✭✭✭✭

I remember Denver Bronco games in the 1960's and 1970's played at the old Mile High Stadium in Denver. The stadium was designed as a horseshow.

At the open end of the horseshoe a separate structure was built that was known as the South Stands (the open end of the horseshoe stadium faced south). The South Stands was not connected to the horseshoe part of the stadium. It was free standing. The South Stands had additional seating for fans and the ticket prices for seats in the South Stands were less than the ticket prices for the seating in the horseshoe portion of the stadium.

The South Stands was notorious for fighting between fans. Drinking during the game, plus the rowdiness of the South Stands fans (mostly younger males, but also a number of similar females) insured brawls would take place. If fans of an opposing team ventured into the South Stands (particularly if they wore jerseys for the opposing team) they were targeted by Bronco fans.

Brawling at pro some sporting events, like American football and soccer, is the norm and has been for a very long time.

Some other pro sports, like basketball and tennis, rarely ever sees fans fighting in the stands.

I have mentioned before about the only pro hockey game I attended. It was on 12-31-1980 in Denver. The then Denver Rockies NHL franchise hosted the Boston Bruins on New Year's eve. The team sponsored Dime Beer Night, which was a big mistake.

The game was a sell out. I was on a double date and the four of us had nose bleed seats at top of the arena (thank goodness).

Many of the fans attending the game were roaring drunk after downing multiple beers that cost a dime each.

During the latter part of the game a fight started on the ice between the two teams.

Denver fans climbed over the plexiglass and poured beer on the Boston coach and players on the Boston bench. The coach went nuts. He and Boston players went into the stands after the fans who poured the beer.

A brawl broke out in the stands. It spilled onto the ice as drunk fans flowed onto the ice from the stands.

Players from both teams and fans were brawling in the stands and on the ice. Game officials could not control things.

Denver police who were off duty and working at the game called their on duty peers. The Denver police showed up in force and eventually took control of things. Fans were arrested. Players were suspended. When order was restored the game resumed and finished with only 4 players on one team and 3 players on the other team left to play out the clock (the other players were tossed out of the game).

The brawl took on a life of its own. It spread to multiple areas of the arena. Some fans who did not want to fight fled out of the arena or to higher rows in the stadium. Other fans located in various parts of the arena were drawn towards the brawls and joined in. The four of us simply stayed in our nose bleed seats and watched the brawl unfold, from beginning to end.

As I have gotten older I consider whether I want to put myself into and attend events where there are large crowds. I try to avoid doing so, simply because of the possibility that something will happen that causes people to go off of the deep end. Once a brawl happens in places where thousands of people are packed close together it can take on a life of its own and you have no ability to avoid or control it.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 10,163 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bgr said:
    Bring back prohibition.

anyone who buys alcohol at a game is dumber than a sack of doorknobs anyway

15 bucks for a beer is an IQ test

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,579 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:

please tell me my score was higher than wristpin's and vince young's wonderlic

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet

@galaxy27 said:

@bronco2078 said:

where are you from that michelob would be acceptable to begin with ?

northern new hampshire in the 80's i'm going to assume

• DocBenjaminDocBenjamin Posts: 989 ✭✭✭✭

Yeah...it was $12 for a Dos Equis at an outdoor Alice Cooper concert.

Yeah, no more Mr. Nice guy.

@perkdog said:

@LandrysFedora said:

Tell you what I remember back around 1977 at the Old Foxboro stadium, my parents and I went to Pats game, we were seated all the way to the end of the stadium by the parking lot entrance and I spent more time watching fights that night than I did football.

The age of Cameras and social media amplifies the fan violence but it's always been a thing

Maybe it just seems worse these days because it's everywhere you turn on social media. But I still feel there's a heck of a lot less civility and respect overall than there was in the days I was a youngster (70's-early 80's)

edited October 3, 2024 3:17PM

@LandrysFedora said:

@perkdog said:

@LandrysFedora said:

Maybe it just seems worse these days because it's everywhere you turn on social media. But I still feel there's a heck of a lot less civility and respect overall than there was in the days I was a youngster (70's-early 80's)

I am from the same generation as you and yes your right, mostly because overall if you ran your mouth you were going to have to be prepared to back it up with your hands, I don't think most people have subscribed to that process nowadays.

I think there are a lot of people that have been throwing out the disrespect for a long time without repercussions and at some point they answer for it with a punch to the face.

Not advocating violence but it is what it is.

edited October 3, 2024 3:20PM

@bronco2078 said:

@galaxy27 said:

@bronco2078 said:

where are you from that michelob would be acceptable to begin with ?

northern new hampshire in the 80's i'm going to assume

Nothing wrong with a Mich Ultra, I do prefer a Coors Light though.

I used to be a Bud/Bud Light guy but gave them a time out for you know what, during that time out I drank Coors Lights and when I went back to Bud Light I missed the taste of Coors light so I stick with that now.

when coors reached new england that signaled the decline of the country
    :s

@bronco2078 said:

is it the brown marmorated stink bug of beers?

@bgr said:

@bronco2078 said:

is it the brown marmorated stink bug of beers?

im fine with those , pro tip if you have a pet lizard don't feed it one though

@DocBenjamin said:
    Yeah...it was $12 for a Dos Equis at an outdoor Alice Cooper concert.

Yeah, no more Mr. Nice guy.

Love that song!

• GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

• TabeTabe Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SanctionII said:
    I remember Denver Bronco games in the 1960's and 1970's played at the old Mile High Stadium in Denver. The stadium was designed as a horseshow.

At the open end of the horseshoe a separate structure was built that was known as the South Stands (the open end of the horseshoe stadium faced south). The South Stands was not connected to the horseshoe part of the stadium. It was free standing. The South Stands had additional seating for fans and the ticket prices for seats in the South Stands were less than the ticket prices for the seating in the horseshoe portion of the stadium.

The South Stands was notorious for fighting between fans. Drinking during the game, plus the rowdiness of the South Stands fans (mostly younger males, but also a number of similar females) insured brawls would take place. If fans of an opposing team ventured into the South Stands (particularly if they wore jerseys for the opposing team) they were targeted by Bronco fans.

Brawling at pro some sporting events, like American football and soccer, is the norm and has been for a very long time.

Some other pro sports, like basketball and tennis, rarely ever sees fans fighting in the stands.

I have mentioned before about the only pro hockey game I attended. It was on 12-31-1980 in Denver. The then Denver Rockies NHL franchise hosted the Boston Bruins on New Year's eve. The team sponsored Dime Beer Night, which was a big mistake.

The game was a sell out. I was on a double date and the four of us had nose bleed seats at top of the arena (thank goodness).

Many of the fans attending the game were roaring drunk after downing multiple beers that cost a dime each.

During the latter part of the game a fight started on the ice between the two teams.

Denver fans climbed over the plexiglass and poured beer on the Boston coach and players on the Boston bench. The coach went nuts. He and Boston players went into the stands after the fans who poured the beer.

A brawl broke out in the stands. It spilled onto the ice as drunk fans flowed onto the ice from the stands.

Players from both teams and fans were brawling in the stands and on the ice. Game officials could not control things.

Denver police who were off duty and working at the game called their on duty peers. The Denver police showed up in force and eventually took control of things. Fans were arrested. Players were suspended. When order was restored the game resumed and finished with only 4 players on one team and 3 players on the other team left to play out the clock (the other players were tossed out of the game).

The brawl took on a life of its own. It spread to multiple areas of the arena. Some fans who did not want to fight fled out of the arena or to higher rows in the stadium. Other fans located in various parts of the arena were drawn towards the brawls and joined in. The four of us simply stayed in our nose bleed seats and watched the brawl unfold, from beginning to end.

As I have gotten older I consider whether I want to put myself into and attend events where there are large crowds. I try to avoid doing so, simply because of the possibility that something will happen that causes people to go off of the deep end. Once a brawl happens in places where thousands of people are packed close together it can take on a life of its own and you have no ability to avoid or control it.

Your memory is a little fuzzy on a couple details - the game was 1/3/81 and the Bruins coach didn't make it into the stands - but it was certainly wild!

Just look at the penalty list for the 3rd period:

https://www.hockey-reference.com/boxscores/198101030CLR.html

Highlights:
    https://youtu.be/LXSPcUIUetY?si=eNYliPZ1RdXFBoaF

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,701 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like how the goalie got his few licks in, then departed the scene.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

@Tabe said:

@SanctionII said:

Your memory is a little fuzzy on a couple details - the game was 1/3/81 and the Bruins coach didn't make it into the stands - but it was certainly wild!

Just look at the penalty list for the 3rd period:

https://www.hockey-reference.com/boxscores/198101030CLR.html

Highlights:
    https://youtu.be/LXSPcUIUetY?si=eNYliPZ1RdXFBoaF

Peter McNab was such a doofus i forgot all about him

i didn't realize McNab was dead though .

diagnosed with cancer during covid , rapid decline hmmmmmm

probably a coincidence

• TabeTabe Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

That would be Miracle on Ice hero Jim Craig.

@Tabe said:

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

That would be Miracle on Ice hero Jim Craig.

they wasted 2 whole pages on Jim in the bruins 1979-1980 yearbook :s