Home Q & A Forum

CRH and bank-wrapped rolls

In my recent newbie intro msg, one member suggested I CRH half dollar rolls. Great minds think alike. But look at the picture. This is how my box of half dollars from Chase came...delivered by Brinks. It busted wide open as I was putting it in the car and I had to clean up spilled rolls and spilled coins. My first box. Not happy.

Have you found that one company (i.e. Loomis) is more reliable than others when it comes to bank wrapped rolls? TIA

"Next year we could have an 8 cent nickel. Think what that would mean. You could go to a newsstand, buy a 3 cent newspaper, and get the same nickel back again. One nickel carefully used could last a family a lifetime." - Capt. Jeffrey T. Spaulding

Tagged:

Comments

• JBKJBK Posts: 15,442 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd be more concerned about that huge rat that is sneaking up on you at the left side of the photo. :)

• She forgives you, JBK. She's too cool not to.

"Next year we could have an 8 cent nickel. Think what that would mean. You could go to a newsstand, buy a 3 cent newspaper, and get the same nickel back again. One nickel carefully used could last a family a lifetime." - Capt. Jeffrey T. Spaulding

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd bet someone dropped that box and didn't say a word, just slid it back on a shelf. Find any silver?

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall, coinsarefun, MichaelDixon, NickPatton, ProfLiz, Twobitcollector,Jesbroken oih82w8

• Not a one. Just folder fills. And thank you muchly for your service.

• OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 6,955 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's an anomaly, in my opinion. I've picked up hundreds of boxes from banks over the years. Easy fix, just double check the box and made sure it's sealed properly before you accept it from the teller. Easy peasy!

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• BTW, Oakstar, just saw your unc golden dollar post. Any banks in particular looking to get rid of them?

• OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 6,955 ✭✭✭✭✭

@allnewsanchor said:
    BTW, Oakstar, just saw your unc golden dollar post. Any banks in particular looking to get rid of them?

Virtually every bank, credit union or financial institution I hit want to get rid of those dollar coins.

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• JWPJWP Posts: 21,836 ✭✭✭✭✭

I get boxes that Loomis has delivered amd they have a tendency to drop.boxes too. The last box I got had been dropped and it wad real bad shape
    The clerk said hee had checked it amd retyped it. I almost refused and I glad I didn't. O found 76 40% and 4 1964 00% silver JFKs in it. Good luck CRHing, I love it. Welcome to the forum.

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members