Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

2024 Quarter Sovereign Gold Proof Coin

Hello Collectors,

I have been looking everywhere for a Great Britain 2024 Quarter Sovereign Gold Proof Coin. The Royal Mint only made it with a set, and all I want is the Quarter Sovereign to add the 2024 Quarter Sovereign Gold Proof Coin to a PCGS set. I would prefer a graded 70 coin, which I can cross into the PCGS Label if it is not already PCGS graded.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

ST

Comments

• Hello!

We discussed and I am happy to keep my eyes peeled in the UK auctions for you. I will let you know as soon as I see one. I have only ever seen this as part of a set and no graded examples have, as yet, come to auction. It would likely be NGC as there is only one PCGS at 70.

As soon as I see one, I will be in touch.

I still think your best option is buying a set and grading all the coins and then auctioning the ones you don’t want. If they do well you could end up with the quarter for close to free. This is what I did with the five coin set for 2024 but you could do this with the three coin set which is more readily available.

Just as a postscript, the Mint did struggle with the quarter in 2024 and I know that some collectors and dealers returned sets because of the issues. To find a set with a good quarter could be difficult.

Cheers,

Andrew

Currently looking for Proof Half Sovereigns…….