Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Package From Spain Correos.es Available for Collection...

I just went to pick up my mail and also checked if my package from Spain ended up being there and they told me that no, not there yet and also that they did not send back anything.

I see this on the correos.es:

To me that is saying that it should be there and after one goes and picks up the package they will be marked as "Delivered" or am I wrong?

As we know a package from Spain cannot be tracked via USPS.

Will asked tomorrow where I bought the coin, this is the recent 4R that I bought.

Thanks.

Comments

• ELuisELuis Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 20, 2024 7:55AM

A package from another coin, that I got with no issues:

So, I guess it is still not available.... so cross my fingers.

• SimonWSimonW Posts: 858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 19, 2024 3:26PM

I had one from Spain that took a year to show up. I’ve never lost one from Spain, and I’ve ordered from Spain quite a bit, but I’ve had them take their sweet time.

I'm BACK!!! Used to be Billet7 on the old forum.

edited September 19, 2024 4:01PM

Just hope it will be there.

• pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 19, 2024 5:05PM

Put the tracking number in the USPS website and see what it shows.

• TheGoonies1985TheGoonies1985 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 19, 2024 5:12PM

Hope all turns out OK for you ELuis. I am always nervous when buying out of my regular Canada/USA but so far both my orders from Spain arrived safely and same for an order from Latin America.

• tcollectstcollects Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm in Europe, but once DHL tried to deliver something and then just left it at a random tiny magazine shop for me to figure out to pick it up there - luckily the owner saw me drinking coffee across the street and brought the package over to me

@pruebas said:
    Put the tracking number in the USPS website and see what it shows.

• SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

I get packages every other week or so from Ukraine and they take 10-15 days and are tracked all through the system. Ridiculous that Spain, a country at peace with it's neighbours cannot do the same.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SaorAlba said:
    I get packages every other week or so from Ukraine and they take 10-15 days and are tracked all through the system. Ridiculous that Spain, a country at peace with it's neighbours cannot do the same.

It’s because Spain doesn’t pay the USPS for tracking privileges or something like that. Now I remember hearing about this.

Ukraine must pay, so they get tracking.

• EddiEddi Posts: 504 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a feeling that at that date, Sep. 17th, your package was still in Spain, at the collection point of the delivery service which would then ship onto (the US, I assume). I has something similar with a package from Spain (to Germany) some time ago.

@Eddi said:
    I have a feeling that at that date, Sep. 17th, your package was still in Spain, at the collection point of the delivery service which would then ship onto (the US, I assume). I has something similar with a package from Spain (to Germany) some time ago.

I hope, in the email sent to where I bought the coin, I am still waiting for a response from them, I have a 9 hour difference in time, so in Spain is 4PM.

Will see where ends hope for the best, not a cheap 4R, yikes.

• I bought a coin internationally once, well many times really lol, and it took so long to arrive that the seller refunded me. Thankfully the coin arrived shortly after and I paid for it again. It seems that the packages can stay in customs for a while sometimes leading to some very late deliveries.

Peace

edited September 20, 2024 7:41AM

This is the third coin that I bought in Spain from different places and all ended up using or only sending the coins via Correos.es.

Two made it in around 10 days each on one, I had an issue with one at the USPS office. The package was placed by mistake for delivery on one of their boxes, so went to the neighborhood but it was available the next day.

I have bought many of my coins in Europe, UK and on other sites in Spain that have other options for shipping, those packages do a max of 8 days.

Even once I bought 4 coins from Sweden and the guy was in Hong Kong and he sent the coins from there with no issues.

This coin has started in transit:

So 12 days so far...

Spain to me registered takes 2 weeks minimum and from Latin America 30 days or more.

@TheGoonies1985 said:
    Spain to me registered takes 2 weeks minimum.

This is a registered mail.

edited September 20, 2024 8:36AM

@ELuis said:

@TheGoonies1985 said:
    Spain to me registered takes 2 weeks minimum.

This is a registered mail.

ELuis I know it sucks but the best thing you can do is let it be do not track it multiple times per day it will waste your time and energy (and make you upset when no new tracking is available). I never consider a coin truly mine until it is delivered. Trust me I have have wasted a lot of time/mental energy worrying about packages but in the end I have learned just sit back if it shows up it does if not then get a full refund if possible. I know it is not fun believe me.

Let it go mentally for the next week or two then track again. This is truly the best advice I can give you since I have been there myself multiple times over the years. In the end worrying will change nothing in it arriving or not.

This is the same advice I now say to myself when a package seems to be taking forever to arrive.

@TheGoonies1985 10-4 will do.

Let us know in a week or two or before if it arrives.

I asked about this to the place where I bought the coin, they responded that it could be possible that it is missing the latest information and has not been updated. They told me that they asked Correos.es about the issue or if there is one, but that it can take some time to get a response from them.

So it is in limbo for me, I am now out of town and will have a chance to go to check this next Saturday, to me if it is not available to pick up the package that day I will mark it as lost or stolen. Will see.

Get a full refund if you do not receive the package that is is the right thing to do.

• SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is it possible to have sellers send via Fedex from Spain? The large auction purchases I make from the UK come via Fedex - only downside is the customs fee that the Post Office never seems to charge but Fedex does.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21

@SaorAlba said:
    Is it possible to have sellers send via Fedex from Spain? The large auction purchases I make from the UK come via Fedex - only downside is the customs fee that the Post Office never seems to charge but Fedex does.

First time I bought from them, I did not get the option of FedEx, only Correos.es, I found out later they can be sent via FedEx, for this coin is too late. No update at all since SEP.17.2024

I have got coins from other places in Spain that I bought in the past, that were sent via Fedex, even another two with Correos.es and no problem, they made it here.

They went to pick up the mail yesterday and the package with my 4R was there!.
    I am out of town and will have the chance to see the coin in hand this next Saturday.

I was worried, glad this is over, thank you for all your comments!

• SimonWSimonW Posts: 858 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sweet! Congrats!!!

I'm BACK!!! Used to be Billet7 on the old forum.

• 7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,431 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just won a couple of coins from Tauler et al, and they say will ship through after government clearance more than a MONTH from now! Not expensive coins at all but over 100 years old....

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.

@7Jaguars said:
    I just won a couple of coins from Tauler et al, and they say will ship through after government clearance more than a MONTH from now! Not expensive coins at all but over 100 years old....

Wow, a long time, but I hope they will arrive sooner and safe for you.

• 7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,431 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah, thanks but have been happy with previous purchases so patience the key. Will picture here when they come....

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
    edited September 26, 2024 8:32AM

Per the comment I got, the envelope for the package was on our po box and this was a register mail, I am glad that the people from the postal office drop it on my po box, the sticker with all the info and bars for the delivery, it is way too gray out or blurred, you can bearly read the from - to and code bars.

It took 17 days.

Glad all went well for you!!!