Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Grading Opinions Please 1958 Error Wheat, DDO Lamination

Hello
I’m new here, still trying to get the feel of the forum. Trying to figure out which coins are worth going through grading. 1958 ERROR COIN 🪙 DDO w Major Lamination error on Reverse. Coin is in very good condition maybe Uncirculated.

I’m new to all this, but looking forward to learning a lot from all of you and hopefully I can be of some help to the forum as well.

Thank you

Comments

  • Options
    World67World67 Posts: 13,098 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Why do you think it's a DDO?

  • Options
    hummingbird_coinshummingbird_coins Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭✭✭

    It looks like there is glue on the reverse, not lamination. I don't see any doubling on the obverse. It appears to be a common date wheat cent with some residue, worth two or three cents.

    Young Numismatist • My Toned Coins
    Life is roadblocks. Don't let nothing stop you, 'cause we ain't stopping. - DJ Khaled

  • Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 12,607 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 11, 2024 2:47PM

    A The coin is nowhere near uncirculated
    B I see no sign of any hub doubling
    C I see no evidence of any lamination issue on the rev, just old glue, and lots of ugly gunk.

    My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

    Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    giantsfan20giantsfan20 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭✭

    Have you checked the costs involved in grading process ? Not inexpensive and not worth spending $$ to submit.

  • Options
    goldengolden Posts: 10,551 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Worth 2 or 3 cents.

  • Options
    IkesTIkesT Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @ChrissyG said:
    Trying to figure out which coins are worth going through grading.

    With respect, you're nowhere near ready to think about sending in coins for grading. Forget about that for a (long) while and just enjoy your collection as is.

  • Options
    CregCreg Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Welcome, members are frank. I invite you to read threads to find your interests. Error coin searching is a tough way to start. Many of us started young filling albums. Many of us search rolls for coins, but we don’t tend to look for errors so much as finding them looking for nice examples and rare dates. Check out the “Coin roll hunting…” thread, it’s friendly, and has good lessons.

  • Options
    BikergeekBikergeek Posts: 709 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Manifest_Destiny Surely you didn't think he was calling you Frank.

    My hobby website Groovycoins.com, new and improved!

  • Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 25,233 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @golden said:
    Worth 2 or 3 cents.

    You are being generous.

    All glory is fleeting.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file