Home U.S. Coin Forum

Consigning coins to Heritage

At the recent Long Beach I asked several people sitting behind laptops at the Heritage table I was brushed off.
Before soneone talked to me . Then They were in comrehensible. I am sure they have a process. , but their people don't know what it is. I have had supurb service from Stacks , and an easy consigning process, in the past, but I wanted to try Heritage.
Does anyone know the Heritage consigning process? And had good service from them?

Comments

• jt88jt88 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭✭✭

@krueger said:
    At the recent Long Beach I asked several people sitting behind laptops at the Heritage table I was brushed off.
    Before soneone talked to me . Then They were in comrehensible. I am sure they have a process. , but their people don't know what it is. I have had supurb service from Stacks , and an easy consigning process, in the past, but I wanted to try Heritage.
    Does anyone know the Heritage consigning process? And had good service from them?

When I consigned with HA I always go to that department and send them an email such as art or jewelry, watch etc. For coin you can contact Win Callender winc@ha.com. They should be able to tell you what to do. Basically you email them photos of your items then if you agree with the fee or no fee then they will send you shipping label and instruction. That's all for me. My consign process is very simple both with SB and HA.

• MedalCollectorMedalCollector Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭✭✭

Approaching the large auction house tables at a show can be intimidating. It is not clear which table or which individual should be approached.There is usually a well-dressed person posted outside the booth for security. Folks behind the tables are on their laptops, on the phone, or busy chatting with each other or clients. If you don’t want to interrupt them, you end up standing near for several minutes hoping that someone will acknowledge you, and sometimes they just don’t. That’s happened to me. Hope you get the info that you’re looking for!

• labloverlablover Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@wondercoin said:
    ‘’Does anyone know the Heritage consigning process? And had good service from them?’’

An easy consigning process nearly guaranteeing good service from them:

1. Contact Mark Feld
    2. Contact Mark Feld
    3. Contact Mark Feld

Wondercoin

That should keep Mark's email full...

Let's all email Mark this morning... ;)

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • DocBenjaminDocBenjamin Posts: 768 ✭✭✭✭

@wondercoin said:
    ‘’Does anyone know the Heritage consigning process? And had good service from them?’’

An easy consigning process nearly guaranteeing good service from them:

1. Contact Mark Feld
    2. Contact Mark Feld
    3. Contact Mark Feld

Wondercoin

Yes indeed. Would have done a lot more selling with Heritage had I had a more responsive contact.

• johnny010johnny010 Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 9, 2024 10:25AM

Mark is a wonderful brand advisor and fully trusted at HA.

Now if the “other” department could just figure out how to label rattlers correctly.

https://coins.ha.com/itm/morgan-dollars/1881-cc-1-ms65-pcgs-cac-mintage-296-000-pcgs-7126-/a/60400-54294.s?ic4=GalleryView-ShortDescription-071515

• CopperindianCopperindian Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve been working with HA a long time & have a dedicated “go to” person aka consignment director.
    I don’t @ SB, but they’re easy to deal with as well. GC is an absolute breeze.
    I think shows are not the best place except for saving on shipping. Like others have said, the reps are preoccupied, busy with other collectors, etc. Still, it takes the right person there as well; some are just better than others. Patience is essential.

“The thrill of the hunt never gets old”

PCGS Registry: Screaming Eagles
    Copperindian

Retired sets: Soaring Eagles
    Copperindian

• MFeldMFeld Posts: 13,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

@johnny010 said:

Now if the “other” department could just figure it how to label rattlers correctly.

https://coins.ha.com/itm/morgan-dollars/1881-cc-1-ms65-pcgs-cac-mintage-296-000-pcgs-7126-/a/60400-54294.s?ic4=GalleryView-ShortDescription-071515

Thank you and the listing has been edited to reflect the "rattler".

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• johnny010johnny010 Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MFeld said:

@johnny010 said:

Now if the “other” department could just figure it how to label rattlers correctly.

Mark, it worked. Whatever you did it went from 8 available to 122 available and the results look accurate!

• MFeldMFeld Posts: 13,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

@johnny010 said:

@MFeld said:

@johnny010 said:

Mark, it worked. Whatever you did it went from 8 available to 122 available and the results look accurate!

I messaged our cataloguers and they worked some magic.😉
    Thanks again for making me aware of it. And for you and everyone else, please always feel free to message me here or through my Heritage email.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• @krueger said:

In the past, I found Heritage to be pretty easy to consign to, although it's been some years since my last consignment. You might have been speaking to the wrong folks at the show, as they seem to have a number of associates who are direct buyers and sellers and may not know much about the consignment process.

That said, I do agree that consigning to Stack's is _exceptionally _well streamlined.

James at EarlyUS.com

On the web: http://www.earlyus.com
  • lermishlermish Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 9, 2024 11:19AM

@OldeTowneCoinShoppe said:

@krueger said:

In the past, I found Heritage to be pretty easy to consign to, although it's been some years since my last consignment. You might have been speaking to the wrong folks at the show, as they seem to have a number of associates who are direct buyers and sellers and may not know much about the consignment process.

That said, I do agree that consigning to Stack's is _exceptionally _well streamlined.

I'm not a fan of being unable to track consignments at Stacks while waiting months for the auction to post. That black hole is anxiety inducing.

• ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭✭✭

I sold some coins through HA for the first time earlier this year. Overall the process and experience was fine but the one issue is that it takes a LONG time. You submit the coins and they don't appear in auction for a month or two, then the auction runs for a month or so, then I think it's 45 or 60 days to get paid.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file