Home U.S. Coin Forum

Date Set Album for Capped Bust Dimes

The_Dinosaur_ManThe_Dinosaur_Man Posts: 909 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 26, 2024 6:50PM in U.S. Coin Forum

I have a small, unspectacular collection for the series and originally made a three page book for the set with major varieties. At the time, I didn't account for the multiple size changes the denomination actually went through and thus the earlier dates simply didn't fit in the ports.

I put off remaking the book with the right sizes for a couple of years and, having done so now, decided to make it a date set only. I hope you guys like it.

Custom album maker and numismatic photographer, see my portfolio here: (http://www.donahuenumismatics.com/).

Comments

• Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fantastic 👍🏼

Mr_Spud

• EastonCollectionEastonCollection Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very cool!

Easton Collection
  • CopperindianCopperindian Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭✭✭

Like it a lot - thanks for posting!

“The thrill of the hunt never gets old”

PCGS Registry: Screaming Eagles
    Copperindian

Retired sets: Soaring Eagles
    Copperindian

• jfriedm56jfriedm56 Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

Have fun on your journey. That’s why we collect!

• Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool, I like it!

• jacrispiesjacrispies Posts: 814 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks phenomenal!! Makes me want to buy one for my bust half dollars. I was actually looking at your website a couple of days ago creating a custom album for 650 varieties and die states :D

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you" Matthew 6:33. Young fellow suffering from Bust Half fever.
    BHNC #AN-10
    JRCS #1606

• RobertScotLoverRobertScotLover Posts: 846 ✭✭✭✭✭

Enormously cool, how did you do it?

• The_Dinosaur_ManThe_Dinosaur_Man Posts: 909 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jacrispies thanks for that comment. It would have to be a multi-volume set, but I think such a set would be a treasure to own. My line of thinking when creating that portion of the website was to allow whomever to make an album that they couldn't get from Dansco, Littleton, or Whitman.

@RobertScotLover I have a couple of machines at home for printing and cutting and I do the assembly by hand. I have been fortunate to be able to combine my passion for the hobby with the programming and graphic design skills I learned through college. Feel free to poke around the website I built. I set it up so you can pick and choose dates and varieties for any particular series. And if you don't see something up there that you would be interested in, just let me know and I'll make it happen.

Custom album maker and numismatic photographer, see my portfolio here: (http://www.donahuenumismatics.com/).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file