Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Autographed Nascar Collection

Well, I made a sale on my first Graded card with and Autograph. Offered on Ebay for $253, accepted 1st offer of $215. Nascar met seems quiet, hoped for $300, not too far from my estimate. Any thoughts from Nascar fans in the group, Ball Park, Low, Hold Out for more $$$. Any advice is appreciated. Selling 40 yr collection with not a whole lot invested except for time spent gettingvsignagures.

Tagged:

Comments

• RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭✭

You shouldn't have graded the auto, only had it authenticated and graded authentic. If it isn't a perfect sig that will get a PSA 10, then the general thinking is you don't # grade it. The card is basically worthless as a PSA 8 without the auto (psa 9 is $20!), so you got paid $215 for the auto. I don't know how hard of an auto he is (other than being dead) and what others sell for.

• bgrbgr Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭✭

I always grade autos even if there is a streak. I don’t begrudge anyone who decides otherwise but my preference is to have a number.

I would have thought that card would sell for more.

• @RufussCkingston said:
    You shouldn't have graded the auto, only had it authenticated and graded authentic. If it isn't a perfect sig that will get a PSA 10, then the general thinking is you don't # grade it. The card is basically worthless as a PSA 8 without the auto (psa 9 is $20!), so you got paid $215 for the auto. I don't know how hard of an auto he is (other than being dead) and what others sell for.

Its seems as if the Nascar crowd is paying for the early Quality Signatures, and the only way to turn them into any cash value is to have them Authenticated. Im willing to let the cards fall where they may Value wise, the majority of my Autos are on 1st, 2nd ,3rd year cards, Of Retired, HOF , Possibly deceased or Just former Super Star Champions so the quality is there. My Jeff Gordon1991 Traks RC Auto received a 10 Auto, Best Signature known on his RC, have it listed at 199.24 , Any thoughts on that Value, Something tells me I should be higher, but Cardc Condition was only and 8 again. Thanks for your reply, any help will help as I sort through my collection.

• @bgr said:
    I always grade autos even if there is a streak. I don’t begrudge anyone who decides otherwise but my preference is to have a number.

I would have thought that card would sell for more.

I have a unique selection of Nascar Autos. If they had a Maxx card I wanted a signature. Majority are on first three years of Maxx, with some first year Traks and ProSet. All the Stars of the day Wallace, Elliott, Waltrip, Yarborough, Petty along with lesser knowns but Rare and think I prefer Grade on the Whole Enchilada. Ill post a pic of the Pop 1 Jeff Gordon RC Auto, have it FS at 199, your Thoughts ??? Appreciate the feedback too.

• ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭

8/8 wasn’t doing anything to add value card or auto wise with grading. So in my opinion you sold the card for what a signed version would go for. Authentication did help of course

• RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭✭

The Jeff Gordon is probably overpriced at $199 since one just sold for $66! Only a PSA 10 card grade has added value.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/156222553342

• bgrbgr Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭✭

The Jeff Gordon is a pop 1 with 1 higher. No 10s signed. I don’t know the production runs on those cards or how in demand they are. The Earnhardt Sr. Is going to be more rare. Gordon doesn’t sign much but he does have private signings. Relative to the 6/10 your price seems scaled within reason.