Home U.S. Coin Forum

More Coins In Transit Problems, PSA

OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 6,711 ✭✭✭✭✭

UPS Driver Charged With Theft of Packages..

https://www.mymcmedia.org/ups-driver-charged-with-theft-of-packages/

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

Comments

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,956 ✭✭✭✭✭

She's currently out on bail. I wonder if she'll even appear for trial.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• logger7logger7 Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

UPS plays hardball with insider thieves and they lose all their union benefits from what I've heard.

• bsshog40bsshog40 Posts: 3,890 ✭✭✭✭✭

Could've had a decent career, but instead, resorted to stealing.

• GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭✭

About 30 years ago, I worked as a load/unload guy for the UPS hub in Doraville GA. They had metal detectors for employees to walk through as we left due to a huge theft ring. I imagine theft takes a huge bite out of profits.

imageimage

• OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 6,711 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the UPS "stores" are privately owned, a franchise.

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• hickoryridgehickoryridge Posts: 234 ✭✭✭

@OAKSTAR said:
    UPS Driver Charged With Theft of Packages..

https://www.mymcmedia.org/ups-driver-charged-with-theft-of-packages/

Julian's shop is on that street

• M4MadnessM4Madness Posts: 243 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 23, 2024 5:25PM

@OAKSTAR said:

Yeah, the article calls her a UPS driver, but she was just a counter person at a UPS store. They aren't even considered UPS employees.

• Jacques_LoungecoqueJacques_Loungecoque Posts: 696 ✭✭✭✭✭

@logger7 said:
    UPS plays hardball with insider thieves and they lose all their union benefits from what I've heard.

Unfortunately, UPS is neither the crime victim(s), nor the prosecuting authority. While they may be able to exert pressure towards a more vigorous prosecution, I’d wager they want this bad press to go away as quickly and quietly as possible.

@PerryHall said:
    She's currently out on bail. I wonder if she'll even appear for trial.

That was my first thought. Hopefully the court took into consideration the accused’s ability to flee. Unfortunately, again, the courts have been tending to revolve criminals in and out like a merry go round. To me, stealing silver and/or gold coins would be a capital crime.

Having fun while switching things up and focusing on a next level PCGS slabbed 1950+ type set, while still looking for great examples for the 7070.

• CregCreg Posts: 309 ✭✭✭

@M4Madness said:

@OAKSTAR said:

Yeah, the article calls her a UPS driver, but she was just a counter person at a UPS store. They are even considered UPS employees.

You meant to say that they are not even considered UPS employees. That is correct.
    UPS compensates drivers well. Few screw up after they are vested. Bad hires will cost the owners of franchises the contracts to operate stores.

• M4MadnessM4Madness Posts: 243 ✭✭✭✭

@Creg said:

@M4Madness said:

@OAKSTAR said:

Yeah, the article calls her a UPS driver, but she was just a counter person at a UPS store. They are even considered UPS employees.

You meant to say that they are not even considered UPS employees. That is correct.

Yep. I fixed the typo. :)

• rec78rec78 Posts: 5,726 ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't used UPS for at least 18 years after they ruined my son's computer. I will never use them again. There are crooks everywhere in every business.

• OriginalDanOriginalDan Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

What is it with MD and thefts? The only mail theft I've ever experienced was a package to MD. USPS but still, I've heard of others having issues there too.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file