Home U.S. Coin Forum

Another vehicle burglary

2»

Comments

• air4mdcair4mdc Posts: 890 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Barberian said:

@MFeld said:

@Copperindian said:
    FWIW, it’s 519 miles from Tyler TX to Loxley AL….

It's very hard to imagine that the thieves would follow someone that long unless they were virtually certain that they'd be successful in obtaining a large amount of liquid value.

Not for me. That's why they hit coin dealers! They're such easy marks for scoring a half million dollars.

For the fun of argumentation, I disagree, and suspect coin show thieves do a lot of driving chasing a lot of coin dealers to pull off one successful burglary. That's a small sacrifice for a $500K score. They probably look for a certain type of person who is more likely to take a break such as an overweight older dealer to improve their chance.

I would surmise they have knowledge of the individual. They may have been cased before, maybe at a previous show. Unfortunately, I'm giving the perps more credit, I think they are smarter and larger in operation than perps breaking into a car or robbing someone by chance when they walk in to get a burger.

• spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,704 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DoubleEagle59 said:

@jeffas1974 said:
    Buc-ee's is a gas station and is a little slice of Texas heaven.

Holy Smoke!!.....now that's a gas station!

And much much more.

https://buc-ees.com/

My online coin store - https://www.desertmoonnm.com/
  • vplite99vplite99 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:

@Walkerguy21D said:
    Glad at least one person has been apprehended so far!

I wonder if he's even still in custody with all the bail reform and no-bail prosecutors we have these days. :#

And I wonder why you felt the need to bring politics into the discussion.

Vplite99
  • CRHer700CRHer700 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 25, 2024 2:46PM

@braddick said:

@CRHer700 said:
    I got $2.97 gas at a Bucees about three weeks ago.

they selling gasoline by the half gallon now?!

Ha ha, very funny. Gas is $3.44 where I live. I had taken a trip to Illinois and most of GA and TN had under $3 gas. I spotted $2.74 in Clarksville TN. $2.97 was the cheapest I got.

Edit: I also saw $3.08 Diesel and it was 35¢ cheaper than the gas.

God bless all who believe in him. Do unto others what you expect to be done to you. Dubbed a "Committee Secret Agent" by @mr1931S on 7/23/24. Founding member of CU Anti-Troll League since 9/24/24.

• braddickbraddick Posts: 23,770 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CRHer700 said:

@braddick said:

@CRHer700 said:

Ha ha, very funny. Gas is $3.44 where I live. I had taken a trip to Illinois and most of GA and TN had under $3 gas. I spotted $2.74 in Clarksville TN. $2.97 was the cheapest I got.

Dang. The cost of living in San Diego...

peacockcoins

• CRHer700CRHer700 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭✭✭

@braddick said:

@CRHer700 said:

@braddick said:

@CRHer700 said:

:grimace:

God bless all who believe in him. Do unto others what you expect to be done to you. Dubbed a "Committee Secret Agent" by @mr1931S on 7/23/24. Founding member of CU Anti-Troll League since 9/24/24.

• lermishlermish Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭✭✭

@braddick said:

@CRHer700 said:

@braddick said:

@CRHer700 said:

I very well could be wrong but I feel like that is either an old photo or somewhere that buyers get gouged (more than normal) like an airport or something. I'm in CA, all of the same taxes, and gas is in the low to mid $4s. Still more expensive than elsewhere in the nation but not double.

There is one gas station that I know of in Big Sur that is usually a couple of dollars more than elsewhere because it's isolated by dozens of miles on the coast, accessible only by Highway 1 which is windy, dangerous, and frequently washed away (which leads to something like a 50 mile detour).

• braddickbraddick Posts: 23,770 ✭✭✭✭✭

Close to amusement parks; airports, and the beach freeways, I have noticed prices will climb:

peacockcoins

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file