Home U.S. Coin Forum

A few items I’ve had for a few years and have decided to grade and trueviewed.

coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,703 ✭✭✭✭✭

….if I’ve showed these off I do apologize as the brain is not what it used to be :-)

Here's one of Dave Bowers 1961-62 circa HK-854A White Metal Continental Dollar SC$1 re-strikes counter stamped with his Empire Coin Company store card during his early days with partner jim Ruddy. The store card obverse motif is copied from the 1787 IMMUNIS COLUMBIA copper and the reverse from a $5 gold coin of 1795 these being the Empire Coin Company trademark. The obverse states Empire Coin Company Inc. and the reverse Professional Numismatists

Next is a not so common silver PCNS octagonal medal. Mintage at 100 but the only one I’ve seen really toned nicely.

Next is this one. Everyone is familiar with Tiffany but not everyone is aware that they made different denomations. (Gift amounts) still rarer are the ones that had a serial number. I do have the silver, Twenty Five, Fifty and now I have a toned gold $One Hundred dollar denomination..

I still have so many others to send in for grading and images. And plan to very soon.
The next three are Canadian ,
1891 Montreal Witness Canada Prize Competition, Aluminum, Breton-609 Token

.This one is graded

I have found the the silver ……just stunning.
1890 Montreal Witness Canada Prize Competition, Silvered White Metal, Breton-608 Token
Ex: George F. Landon collection.
In 1890 the "Montreal Witness Journal" offered these tokens as prizes the public school school children of the Dominion for writing a story. The obverse pictorial design is fashioned after the Bearers Building a Dam reverse of a 1754 French Canadian Betts-389 medal. This specimen is exquisitely toned and a very rare token especially in this state of preservation, as in uncirculated condition this is only the second I've seen and the Landon is far finer then the former Temple example. Since it was a first year issue only obtainable by children who entered the contest many have seen abuse and therefore today are only price guide valued in conditions of VF-20 through AU-50.

and copper ones and will send these in soon.
I need to thank one of PCGS workers is the medal department. Without him I would not be able to have these graded as I just do not carry the strength and fortitude required to do as such .

Comments

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file