Home U.S. Coin Forum

A collection of Bison Nickels in a Dansco

hfjacintohfjacinto Posts: 855 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a few full sets of coins, and I've always liked the Bison nickels, the design (while technically flawed as it wore very fast) is evocative of the "wild west" and for the time an extremely unique design.

60% of this set was put together from my Local coin shop full date coin pile, each was 75 cents. I have upgraded most of my other sets, but as this set is very uniform I never a need to upgrade. So it stays. I don't collect varieties so we have a modern Bison in those slots.

Thanks for looking.

Comments

• jfriedm56jfriedm56 Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hfjacinto, nice set Helder. Some tougher dates and mints in there.

• vulcanizevulcanize Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice.
    Nothing like a populated Dansco to cockle the heart.
    Had posted mine earlier on another thread.
    Cheers.
    :smiley:

• hfjacintohfjacinto Posts: 855 ✭✭✭✭✭

@vulcanize said:
    Very nice.
    Nothing like a populated Dansco to cockle the heart.
    Had posted mine earlier on another thread.
    Cheers.
    :smiley:

Your's is very nice also. Love the Hobo Nickel in the last slot.

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,916 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice presentation

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall, coinsarefun, MichaelDixon, NickPatton, ProfLiz, Twobitcollector,Jesbroken

• Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 5,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice!

Mr_Spud

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,186 ✭✭✭✭✭

nice, i like :)

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 24,297 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the set!

Keep in mind that while Buffalo/Bison nickels had wear issues they actually served very well. Nickels saw very heavy actual usage during the 1913 - mid-1960s period when they actually circulated. Heavy wear resulted from heavy use and only served to accentuate the date and mound problem.

All glory is fleeting.
  • BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice roundup of a thundering herd.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautifully matched set. Really, really nice - congrats!

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • BUFFNIXXBUFFNIXX Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is an older version of the Dansco album that does not have slots for the 8.7-d and the 37d 3 legs.
    I alsways thought that these belonged at the end of the regular series, right after the 1938-d.

Collector of Buffalo Nickels and other 20th century United States Coinage
    a.k.a "The BUFFINATOR"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file