Home U.S. Coin Forum

Suspect this eBay buyer is off his meds ......

LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Received today. :D

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko, Big Moose.

Comments

• CregCreg Posts: 354 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 6, 2024 12:58PM

Context? I might say something less kind.
    Edit: with good grammar and punctuation.

• DocBenjaminDocBenjamin Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

Or on his meds.

I would issue a quick refund and save the exchange for when you have to fight with Ebay to get the neg removed.

• JBKJBK Posts: 15,419 ✭✭✭✭✭

And don't forget to block him. ;)

• DocBenjaminDocBenjamin Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

...and share the user name on a late Saturday when no mods are around to rap you on the knuckles.

;)

• CregCreg Posts: 354 ✭✭✭✭

@Pnies20 said:
    Sorry for flying off the handle like that

Funny!

• LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah great - more just arrived ...... and this over a PCGS Sample Slab! :D

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko, Big Moose.
  • RiveraFamilyCollectRiveraFamilyCollect Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭

You should advise him that if he is repeatedly being swindled, it is because he is a foolish consumer. Then advise him to not continue with the hobby of Coin Collecting as it requires a lot of knowledge building. Suggest that he will have a better time with some adult coloring books.

I'd be super condescending at this point, like really lay the derision on thick. I don't want to hear sob stories about someone buying fake coins and being smad about it.

The substantial truth doctrine is an important defense in defamation law that allows individuals to avoid liability if the gist of their statement was true.

• oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 12,178 ✭✭✭✭✭

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • logger7logger7 Posts: 8,467 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's surprising we have such nincompoops in this erudite historical hobby.

• Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 5,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe he’s used to same day delivery from Amazon 🤔 nah, sounds like a psycho 🙃

Mr_Spud

• kazkaz Posts: 9,142 ✭✭✭✭✭

drop a lithium token in the envelope,maybe some will rub off and they'll lick their fingers...

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,629 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was there a delay in shipping? I'm not sure that response is inappropriate if there was a delay in shipping.

Auction ended Sunday PM, mailed Monday AM.

• Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 6,895 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Lakesammman said:

He's just used to the usual ebay practice of sellers uploading the tracking number immediately, but actually shipping a week later.

• MFeldMFeld Posts: 13,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Manifest_Destiny said:

@Lakesammman said:

He's just used to the usual ebay practice of sellers uploading the tracking number immediately, but actually shipping a week later.

That's the way it sounded to me, too.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• gtstanggtstang Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭✭✭

There may be very real medical conditions at play here.
    I would of thought wth is wrong with this person like you.
    Saying that, a few years ago my step father was in the hospital and while there, he was buying all kinds of stuff on ebay. My mom was getting packages every day.
    He didn't know what to do with himself while there.
    He sent some random messages to sellers as well.
    He ended passing away while there.
    My mom had the mail person take a lot of packages and do a return to sender. I didn’t know she did that until after the fact so I messaged sellers on ebay to make them aware of the situation and to please refund upon return.
    I don't know if any did refund or not though.

edited August 7, 2024 6:04PM

Well now that we have this detail, I'm siding with the buyer. Waiting until the first opportunity possible to ship and not a moment earlier?

There have been many times that I would have liked to ship before payment, for return customers, but eBay won't let me. Hence, many unnecessary trips to the USPS ......... So, the 1st opportunity is the best I can do .........

• rte592rte592 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭✭✭

I work a day job, then a side job or multiple sides.
    If something I have listed sells, I try my best to get it packed and a shipping label.
    Bear in mind that after my first job and second job there may be some traveling time in-between jobs... maybe even lunch or dinner.
    Honey do list and hobby time before I lay down to try and get some rest.
    It's not really that I'm taking too much time, it's finding the time.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file