Home U.S. Coin Forum

WDYGI 2 Grade this raw Morgan!

This is from the same roll as the last one.
Came from a roll of toners, It's the only info I have.

Comments

• U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,988 ✭✭✭✭✭

This one looks nicer. The fields and cheek seem cleaner than the previous one. If the photo isn’t hiding any marks, I would expect an
    MS 65

• There are always 2 sides to a photo, should there be opposing different looks to the coin. I rotate the coin under the light, photos are quite static.

• ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't tell what the scar on the cheek is... is that toning or is that scratch? And then there is a significant scratch it looks like. I would need better photos but based on that cheek, MS62 with maybe a bump to 63 for toning.

• Here is the full contact photo, this one shows the luster grazes and the bag marks much better. The coin presents itself as the first photo.

• FishproFishpro Posts: 388 ✭✭✭

MS63

• @ProofCollection said:
    I can't tell what the scar on the cheek is... is that toning or is that scratch? And then there is a significant scratch it looks like. I would need better photos but based on that cheek, MS62 with maybe a bump to 63 for toning.

There isn't a scratch on the cheek, just toning.

• gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe 63. Hard to tell with that toning and those pics.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• hummingbird_coinshummingbird_coins Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

65, maybe plus

Young Numismatist • My Toned Coins
    Life is roadblocks. Don't let nothing stop you, 'cause we ain't stopping. - DJ Khaled

• CatbertCatbert Posts: 7,032 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you.

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • HillbillyCollectorHillbillyCollector Posts: 595 ✭✭✭✭✭

63-64.
    Nice coin!

• anablepanablep Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭✭✭

MS62, market acceptable/NT color.

Very common date found all the way to 69 and this one doesn’t hold up with nicer examples. I feel like in these photos, the cheek is hiding some abrasions in order to accentuate color.

Always looking for attractive rim toned Morgan and Peace dollars in PCGS or (older) ANA/ANACS holders!

"Bongo hurtles along the rain soaked highway of life on underinflated bald retread tires."

~Wayne
  • @anablep said:
    MS62, market acceptable/NT color.

Very common date found all the way to 69 and this one doesn’t hold up with nicer examples. I feel like in these photos, the cheek is hiding some abrasions in order to accentuate color.

It really isn't but I still wouldn't put this above a 64-65.

• CopperindianCopperindian Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice toner - 63 or 64.

“The thrill of the hunt never gets old”

PCGS Registry: Screaming Eagles
    Copperindian

Retired sets: Soaring Eagles
    Copperindian

• telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭✭✭

If that is a scratch on the cheek, 62 max. If it is just a toning break, shot 64. NT

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • The scratch on the cheek stands out but overall i would agree with telephoto1, no better than 62

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file