Home U.S. Coin Forum

Do you have any shares in PCGS (CLCT)

MizzouMizzou Posts: 504 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 6, 2024 8:09AM in U.S. Coin Forum

NASDAQ / Dow Jones Industrial Average posting worst drop in nearly two years, as worries over the health of the U.S. economy sparked a global market sell-off.

Sometimes I think that animals are smarter than humans, animals would never allow the dumbest one to lead the pack

Comments

• GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,179 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like a micro penny stock.

• abbyme24abbyme24 Posts: 122 ✭✭✭

@Goldbully said:

Looks like a micro penny stock.

That graph is for the CollectCoin cryptocurrency.

• lermishlermish Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

This thread is not coin related.

OP - Not interested in the Bank of Japan hiking interest rates, causing the Nikkei to drop by 12% (most since 1987)? This was one of the major catalyst's of today's drop as many institutional traders had to unwind their carry trades and the selling pressure begat more selling pressure until we saw the result. Where is @GoldFinger1969 when we need him? He's smarter than me.

Not really burnishing your bona fides for the analysis behind your gold price guarantee. And still waiting to see your short gold position. Just a few March 25 GLD at the money puts should pay your guarantee off handsomely!

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,629 ✭✭✭✭✭

A thread that had nothing to do with coins for what purpose? It's not even good market analysis. Political trolling?

• lermishlermish Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:
    A thread that had nothing to do with coins for what purpose? It's not even good market analysis. Political trolling?

My guess:

• logger7logger7 Posts: 8,467 ✭✭✭✭✭

It was a good stock and as publicly traded, financials were all listed.

• @lermish said:

OP - Not interested in the Bank of Japan hiking interest rates, causing the Nikkei to drop by 12% (most since 1987)? This was one of the major catalyst's of today's drop as many institutional traders had to unwind their carry trades and the selling pressure begat more selling pressure until we saw the result. Where is @GoldFinger1969 when we need him? He's smarter than me.

Not really burnishing your bona fides for the analysis behind your gold price guarantee. And still waiting to see your short gold position. Just a few March 25 GLD at the money puts should pay your guarantee off handsomely!

Pressure is always the result of the drop. This one Sorry to say is a correction that has been suppressed for too long..

• DocBenjaminDocBenjamin Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

Long time ago, before coins became recklessly priced graded baubles, they served as instruments of commerce, so sure, there is some validity to noting a significant market event on a coin forum.

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,629 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DocBenjamin said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Long time ago, before coins became recklessly priced graded baubles, they served as instruments of commerce, so sure, there is some validity to noting a significant market event on a coin forum.

Even the OP doesn't believe that it he wouldn't have picked the ridiculous thread title that hints at a direct connection.

There are other forums here for such OT posts. The market moves every day. We could have nothing but stock market threads, current events and political threads. They all affect either PMs or coins. But then what does this forum become?

• MizzouMizzou Posts: 504 ✭✭✭✭

@lermish said:

PCGS is the company that determines the value of your coin by grade, I'd say that's closely related.

Sometimes I think that animals are smarter than humans, animals would never allow the dumbest one to lead the pack

• DocBenjaminDocBenjamin Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@DocBenjamin said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Even the OP doesn't believe that it he wouldn't have picked the ridiculous thread title that hints at a direct connection.

There are other forums here for such OT posts. The market moves every day. We could have nothing but stock market threads, current events and political threads. They all affect either PMs or coins. But then what does this forum become?

Seemingly here, everyone is a moderator. That is not good either.

This forum has always allowed for the occasional OT thread when it was an event of intelligent interest. As long as it didn't get stupid and far off the rails, all was good. Music and joke threads are examples of breaking up the monotony of evaluating parking lot finds.

Enjoy life, we only go around once.

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,233 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beware the shadow trolls acting as arbiters of numismatic righteousness.

• MFeldMFeld Posts: 13,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you have any shares in NGC? It’s not traded publicly, either, but it’s also closely related to U.S. coins.
    And while we’re at it, do you own shares in the companies that make the plastics, cores or paper labels that the grading companies use? Or the companies that ship or insure coins? And so on and so on…

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• MizzouMizzou Posts: 504 ✭✭✭✭

That’s a good point being as though holders, labels and shipping issues are a common topic here.

• Lets try to keep discussions in this category to US Coins.

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.