Home U.S. Coin Forum

Best way to get PCGS mechanical mis- label errors fixed

I have more than a few to get corrected.
Anyone with experience here?

Comments

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 46,024 ✭✭✭✭✭

@krueger said:
    I have more than a few to get corrected.
    Anyone with experience here?

I have a few like that where they are showing the wrong grade on the label. ;)
    If you attend a large coin show where they are set up to do on-site grading, drop them off at their table early during the show and you may have them fixed by the end of the show. This will save you the cost of postage.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• MWallaceMWallace Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PCGS_Hy said:
    Hello All,

If you have any coins where the label is incorrect or does not match up with the Cert Verification information, please reach out to our Customer Care team through our Contact Us form and we can assist further. Including front and back photos of the coins showing the full encapsulation can help speed up the review process.

If it is a Mechanical Error, we will assist in getting the coin sent back for correction at no charge. If the coin needs further review in person, we can assist with that at no charge as well. As mentioned, this can be done at shows as well, but we cannot guarantee the end of show turnaround time.

@krueger I will reach out to you by DM to assist further.

Does one have to be a member to get a mechanical error corrected? I know that one has to be a member to get a coin in a damaged slab reholdered.

• Old_CollectorOld_Collector Posts: 122 ✭✭✭

PCGS is excellent in solving these issues quickly and painlessly in my experience.

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,186 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good to know 👍

• WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

Let's hope they KEEP responding fast and with detail like they just did.

WS

Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 12,178 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have this 1849/6 H10C PCGS AU58 CAC that is housed in an 1849/8 PCGS holder.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • OnWithTheHuntOnWithTheHunt Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PCGS_Hy said:
    Hello All,

If you have any coins where the label is incorrect or does not match up with the Cert Verification information, please reach out to our Customer Care team through our Contact Us form and we can assist further. Including front and back photos of the coins showing the full encapsulation can help speed up the review process.

If it is a Mechanical Error, we will assist in getting the coin sent back for correction at no charge. If the coin needs further review in person, we can assist with that at no charge as well. As mentioned, this can be done at shows as well, but we cannot guarantee the end of show turnaround time.

@PCGS_Hy said:
    Hello All,

Just an opportunity to vent my continuing frustration over PCGS's lack of timeliness in correcting their failure to attribute 5 Cherrypickers Guide listed variety Buffalo nickels submitted through Great Collections, even though variety attribution was requested. Six weeks since GC returned them for correcting mechanical error. Still no word.

Proud recipient of the coveted "You Suck Award" (9/3/10).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file